Shopping For Clothes

Big Al

Registered
Where do you guys go to shop for clothes? My wife and I cant find anywhere normal with quality and normal prices, theyre either garbage or super expensive. Someone told me to checkout Avellaneda street in Flores and I just came home from there and about 98% of that whole street was crap, anyways some suggestions will be highly appreciated.

I also wanting to buy summer clothings when arriving to Bs As. I really don't want to bring too many summer garments from the US, the less weight I travel with, the better. How is the prices compared to the states. IE, slacks, short sleeve shirts, summer jackets, shorts, walking shoes etc.And where to buy them whilst in Bs As ? Macy's and or Bloomingdales available? Or is it Ripleys and Fallabellas deptmnt stores there?

Have you tried Abasto, Nordelta, Alto Palermo? Malls give you convenient shopping in one location with different price ranges. If you ask people who squeeze every penny you will get sent to many more street markets or even used clothing shops. You want quality? You have to pay for at least a decent brand name (not a top brand at all). You won't find some quality at ridiculously low prices, you won't. I'm assuming there will be a lot of items on sale after the Holidays, just try the old American way and go to a mall.

And besides the beautiful air conditioned malls there's tons of boutique stores in Palermo Soho.
Nancy

I shop with the Ritz :D , never gone to La Salada for logistical and safety Reasons, but visit the Galerias in One, along Pueyrredon specially at the corner of Peron, Point Shopping , Inside you find hundreds of stalls with knock off brands Lacoste type US8 , jeans Levis US 22 sneakers Nike US25 Bermuda Shorts US 9 . Quality may be fair but you buy 6 polo shirts for the price of one at Alto Palermo, so you use them less and they last forever...! :wub: For gifts can't beat these prices, no refunds. No air you fight for garments with other inmigrants.

Sorry Boxers all brands. Nike, Armani, Diesel , etc US 3.50...!!

Quality may be fair but you buy 6 polo shirts for the price of one at Alto Palermo, so you use them less and they last forever...! :wub: For gifts can't beat these prices, no refunds.[/size]
Six Polo Shirts for price of one! But are they really the genuine, the real "Polos" by that famed designer, or is it just called a Polo shirt a look-like the real McCoy ones? a ( copy ) perhaps?

Six Polo Shirts for price of one! But are they really the genuine, the real "Polos" by that famed designer, or is it just called a Polo shirt a look-like the real McCoy ones? a ( copy ) perhaps?

I mentioned are Knock offs, like what you buy from Bangladesh or Vietnam......jejejjeej

Where do you guys go to shop for clothes?

The US. Not much help I know. But I try to limit my shopping here as much as possible for the reasons you mention.

When I do buy here, I try to go to small, non-chain boutiques. Or higher end (Lacroix, etc) stores. You'll pay a fortune but at least the quality will be good.

Have you tried Abasto, Nordelta, Alto Palermo? Malls give you convenient shopping in one location with different price ranges. If you ask people who squeeze every penny you will get sent to many more street markets or even used clothing shops. You want quality? You have to pay for at least a decent brand name (not a top brand at all). You won't find some quality at ridiculously low prices, you won't. I'm assuming there will be a lot of items on sale after the Holidays, just try the old American way and go to a mall.
Exactly, Im not trying to find good quality at cheap prices, just reasonable.

Back