shopping in BA? american products that i need

Bitty Cabrera said:
Rogaine is minoxidil @2% , it can be replaced by YLOX LOCION, same stuff.
I'm quite sure there's a shampoo with the properties of the one you use en Argentina,
see a dermatologist in BA and get all what you need with a proper prescription.
NIVEA SPORT body wash is good and it's antibacterial.
Minoxidil @ 5% is where you need to be. It's here.

vanessa said:
There is a Kiehls here and I go there for any special toiletries.

Bring lots of chapstick. The ones they sell here are like lotion in a tube, not the same as all.

Actually they do sell these here, that are like what you'd expect (including Chapstick brand) just a bit more expensive.

Very useful thread ...

is there anything like GNC. I also need protien powders and supplements. and are they around the same prices as in the US.

Also, is all this (everything in this thread) also true for Cordoba?

Nossyd said:
I wonder why many nations consider us Notherners/Westerners to be annally retentive...this thread goes a long way to answer that.

"annally retentive" because he wants shampoo and deodorant? Nossyd, do you find yourself not beng invited to many dinner partys and other indoor functions?

When I travel to BA (at least twice a year) I post offers to bring things for others. Perhaps you can post your needs and have others bring them as long as the list and/or items are not that large.

I intend to live in BA about 10 months a year soon and intend to bring a multi-month supply and then ask someone to bring items as I need or run out.

I am sure someone will be willing to help out, as I always am and will be whenever I travel to BA.

Suerte
Bruce

Vitamins and supplements -- if you use them, bring them.

And on this subject, has anyone seen Solaray products being sold in BsAs? I just got a replenishment so don't need them just now.

whammy re GNC: google has the answer

I don't really think it is just N. Americans. I have an Argentine friend who hordes Speed Stick (no Scent) when he travels to the US as all the ones here have a strong scent. (Something to keep in mind). I think it really only matters if you are "brand loyal". As someone mentioned, there is a Kiehl's for Chrissakes, so finding a generic body scrub, deodarant etc.. not a problem. This is not Namibia.

As for what to bring: along with some of the suggestions...a lady friend of mine has mentioned not being able to find "tampons with applicators" or basically they are not the same as in the US. Not really sure..but perhaps you can PM one of the ladies on the board for clarification.

Also, contrary to popular belief: there is peanut butter (chunky) and it's totally fine. Is it Skippy? No..is it pretty much the same thing. Yep. Although I do miss totally crappy Smucker's concord grape jelly.

I would say the spices, one in particular i would want is cinnamon: They have it here, but it is less "potent" than home and not to the point of "just add more". Just tastes different, little more earthy..less....how shall i say..."cinnamon-y".

..and maple syrup. Oh and I have yet to find Tom's of Maine toothpaste or products. This is one of my brand loyal tings, but oh well.

what about shipping. I have people that can send me stuff. it looks like nizoral and specific protein powders/ supplements are the only things I wont be able to get in BA. anyone have any idea how much it would cost to send a package, maybe 7-12 pounds, from the midwest united states to BA?

whammy said:
what about shipping. I have people that can send me stuff. it looks like nizoral and specific protein powders/ supplements are the only things I wont be able to get in BA. anyone have any idea how much it would cost to send a package, maybe 7-12 pounds, from the midwest united states to BA?

If you enter the word package in the search box you will find more information on the subject. While cost of shipping is one thing to consider, the (likely) ordeal of picking up the package (if it arrives) is another. In most cases you will also be charged 50% duty on the value of the items plus 50% duty on the shipping cost.

whammy said:

They have protein powders and supplements here. I don't know what they cost though.

Back