Shortening

cassiem13

Registered
Hi all,

I'm looking for shortening for baking, but haven't seen it. Any idea where I can find some, or what it's called here?

Thanks!

made by Danica. You can find it in most big supermercados next to the butter... it comes in a block of 500 gramos.

Happy baking:)

Thanks! All I saw was Danica margarina.. although there was one that said Repostera on it, though it didn't seem to be any different than the others. We'll try it out! Is that the right one?

It's called "VEGETALINA". It doesn't come in a tub like Crisco, but rather it is wrapped in a cross between the wrapping for a stick of butter and a thick aluminium foil. It is about as wide as a stick of butter by 2 1/2 to 3 sticks of butter deep by 1 1/2 sticks of butter tall. The wrapper is pedominantly white. It should be found near the butter area.

I first bought it a JUMBO, but then realized that my local chino also carries it.

Suerte

Depending on what you want to bake, you can use either vegelatina like Napoleon mentiones, or also pig lard and cow lard which are also on the butter section. I rather use pig fat instead of veggie shortening or cow fat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Food and Drink 7
N Expat Life 3
Back