Significant news about peso exchange rate

I also saw a local peanut butter in a health food shop on Ciudad de la Paz and Juramento. It looked like home-made peanut butter - lots of bits and lots of oil on top.

messilover said:
@nikad

Thank you. this is what they have told me at AFIP but they are purposely slow in approving any transaction to prevent capital flight. Do you know of anyone that has had transactions like that approved lately? How long does it take in real life? I am used to go to the bank in the US and just changing money. No dealing with all this hassle. In the meantime, my money is losing value and I cannot send it to the US to buy more products...

Up until 2 weeks ago they were approving, it was taking about 20 days. NOw everything is on hold :( Sorry I think you had some really bad luck. I suggest investing the money just so it doesn t lose its value against inflation in the meantime...

thank you for the information. I did pay the vat and import duties and it was a pain in the ass. Now I am still stuck not being able to move my money - and sorry no peanut butter but maybe next time I go to the US, i can bring some back for you guys :)

So messilover, do I understand that you came here to engage in business and yet all of this is a surprise to you? No offense intended but it makes me think of those unfortunate souls who come here in August with only tank tops and flips-flops to wear when it's almost freezing.

Back