SIM cards at AEP

FrankPintor

Registered
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a SIM card (preferably Personal) arriving at AEP? https://aeroparquebuenosaires.ar/en/faqs#sim says:

Is it possible to get a SIM card at the airport?

Yes, at newspaper and magazine kiosks, by Movistar, Claro or Personal companies.

without being more specific.

If a kiosk is open, and have existence of Personal SIM cards.

If a kiosk is open, and have existence of Personal SIM cards.
The availability and existence of Personal SIM cards is no guarantee that you can use one, as posts from tourists lost in SIM activation phone menus testify. Nice use of binary logic, but you haven’t been to South America yet, have you? :)

I guess I need to be clearer, the peeps visiting us aren’t Argentinian so they’d need to visit an office like the one at EZE that can deal with furriners, if there isn’t one like that at AEP I guess we’ll have to trek to the one on Honduras in Palermo.

Just get some while you're out and activate them. Then give them to your guests when they arrive. If you already have a dim you can activate more Sims under your name.

Just get some while you're out and activate them. Then give them to your guests when they arrive. If you already have a dim you can activate more Sims under your name.
This is what I did, there’s a kiosk in front of the national checkin area, the SIMs could be activated with my DNI, and came with 5GB data allowance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Newcomers Forum 4
T Expat Life 8
R Newcomers Forum 9
S Expat Life 9
Z Newcomers Forum 3
Back