simple flat leather boots (good store or custom-made)

kels

Registered
Hey Ladies,

I have been scouring this city for the perfect flat knee-high round toe leather boots - no zips, tassels, studs or other crazy adornments are wanted. I did find one pair but (of course!) they were sold out in my size :(

Anyway I am sure I am not the only one looking for classic boots but with a city this size I sure could use some advice on where to look. Any favorite stores? Or better yet is there anyone out there who knows of somewhere to get custom boots made?

I totally thought my choices for beautifully-made boots would be ample but I am having a hard time finding simpler styles.

Thanks in advance!

Casa de las Botas in Palermo makes custom boots for most of the riders in the city. You can pick out design, colour, etc. Waltons in Belgrano also makes nice boots and they last a long time. Waltons is the more traditional of the two and will have less options. Both are about 1000 pesos maybe (I haven't had a pair made in a while). Again, they're geared towards riders but I know several people from NY who bought them as fashion boots.

The thing is I want them plain jane...do you think either place would be agreeable to making them without any fancy stuff? How long does it take for pair to be made?

They'll make them as simple as you want. Waltons (Belgrano) does really basic styles. I would guess you would only be able to choose between brown or black leather. Lots of riders I know swear they are the best.
http://www.jumperboots.com/esp/home.htm

Casa de las Botas will also make them to your specifications, colors, etc. They may be more open to a more "fashion-oriented" boot as opposed to jumper styles. The nice thing about them is they have great customer service. They cut a friend's boots a little too short (riding is pretty specific) and had her keep the first pair for a fun, fashion pair and they made a 2nd pair to match the height she needed. So she got 2 for the price of 1!
http://www.casadelasbotas.com.ar/

I had a friend gets boots made from CdlB in under a week. Don't know on Waltons but it shouldn't be that long.

Another option as well is to see if just by chance, either store might have a pair in stock that fits you (perhaps someone who didn't want them, etc). Sometimes you can get absolute steals that way!

Hey citygirl,

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your friend's more fashiony boots would you? I have a photo as well as a clear picture of what I want...so I would be interested to see if your friend's resemble my idea. I am going to head to Casa de las Botas tomorrow but I am not too sure how they will feel about my idea.

Sorry - just saw this. I don't have a photo but hers are black leather with a gold scrolling design down the side - quite flash!

how did it go with them?

Hey Citygirl,

They have wonderful boots and it is so amazing that they hand-make them all but the polo style is not quite what I am looking for (sorry sorry I am picky).

It is so weird I thought VISA would be locking down my credit card here as I expected to be drowning in amazing leather boot choices but turns out I am having a heck of a time. I think it is more a style thing, I prefer really simple styles rather than studs, laces, tassels etc. The boho look is not really me but it is "the look" here for sure and they pull it off wonderfully. Now could they just make me a plain pair? :)

Thanks again and if you have any more shoe shop suggestions I am all ears.

boo - they couldn't design something for you?

Did you try Paruolo? Expensive but I like their shoes.

If you go to their website: http://paruolo.com.ar/ (click on the parulo name, then choose catolgo, then botas) - it looks like they have some basic, flat boots. Keep scrolling to the right.

I'm heading to one of my fave random shoe stores by me in Belgrano tomorrow - I'll check and see if I see anything.

I am a total nerd but I did find that site and am planning to check it out...I am on the boot mission! Thanks so much for your help like I said all this amazing leather but nothing simple.

They said they could but it would be very "polo"-ish. I do like the boots but you know when you have something specific in mind...this could be my life mission find the pair of perfect simple black boots - come to think of it I have been looking for ages... ;)

Keep me posted on the Belgrano boot situation!

I just picked up a pair of nice, normal black boots at Britz in the Palermo-Belgrano area (Cabildo between Matienzo and Newberry). Nice selection, nice quality and decent prices.

On a side note (and to answer a question that I asked in this forum yesterday), they carry big sizes as well!

Back