Since No One Else Is Doing It, We Need To Open A.....

I would walk 100 miles for a breakfast like this:
_64136308_fry_up_thinkstock.jpg

It it had black & white pudding on it..now that's a breakfast!

True I suppose. But I'd take an Argentine restaurant over a American fast food chain that ads nothing to the culture of a country.

This is all a bit pompous equating these posts with culture or lack thereof...the expats are fantasising about food like those ship wrecked on a desert island. Do you honestly think most expats who leave then die a death of excess carbs and fats eating pancakes and bacon all day? Of course not, it's just hankering for home. I left Bsas 18 months ago and frequent my local Argentine butcher and restaurant here in Spain as much to chew the cud talking about the old home country as to eat the great beef...it's natural to crave what you can't have, no more no less. No need to over think or to condemn.

True I suppose. But I'd take an Argentine restaurant over a American fast food chain that ads nothing to the culture of a country.

Very funny j "restaurants that ad something to the culture of a country.....!!"
The multitude of Argentinian parrillas and empanada places, are most welcome in Miami Beach and are certainly a contribution to the local gourmet scene.

Why is it always about food ? As I said earlier in this thread , how about a high end strip club ?

Now that is what Buenos AIres needs !!

This is all a bit pompous equating these posts with culture or lack thereof...the expats are fantasising about food like those ship wrecked on a desert island. Do you honestly think most expats who leave then die a death of excess carbs and fats eating pancakes and bacon all day? Of course not, it's just hankering for home. I left Bsas 18 months ago and frequent my local Argentine butcher and restaurant here in Spain as much to chew the cud talking about the old home country as to eat the great beef...it's natural to crave what you can't have, no more no less. No need to over think or to condemn.

I think there is a difference between hankering after stuff and wanting to set up a Taco Bell ;)

There are some foods that you miss when you're abroad - that can't be helped. When I'm in London I'd probably like to have a restaurant/bar or two from Argentina. The same goes the other way.
I would walk 100 miles for a breakfast like this:
_64136308_fry_up_thinkstock.jpg

I would too, carrying you on my back with no shoes on. There would have to be brown sauce, black pudding and potato bread though.

I'd love to see some more variety in the food scene here but the last thing we need is more american chains like Taco Bell.

Some time ago I spent a year in the US, Taco Bell was one of biggest disappointments of the whole year! fast food can be good food if simple good quality ingredients are used, Taco Bell don't do any of that! I did like the US style diner breakfasts. Food is the US is representative of my impression of the country as a whole. When it is good it is completely fantastic, when it is bad it is awful!

Back