Sinking Economy: A Restaurant Closes Every Day

Ajo as you know that The Communist Party has gained 6 new seats in Chilean Parliament. Represented by the Student Leader Cmarada Camila Vallejo. (six diputados: Hugo Gutiérrez,Lautaro Carmona, Daniel Núñez, Karol Cariola,Camila Vallejoy Guillermo Teillier.)

Marx views on the Economy were adequate for the mid XIX century (1850's).

That's six out of 120 diputados; it has no senators whatsoever. And the label means very different things in different places - the Chilean students have legitimate grievances, and are hardly calling for violent overthrow of the state.

Marxist analyses of income inequality and similar topics are often very incisive. They're not an adequate basis for public policy, but they can make a contribution.

I hope that restaurants like these don't go away. Lots of families and younger groups I've seen eating there, as well as middle-aged and older groups going to enjoy a nice meal. Hopefully the young aren't going to suddenly overwhelmingly start choosing places that serve copious amounts of draft beer at cheap prices accompanied by soggy, tasteless pizzas or greasy, terrible hamburgers and floppy, greasy fries in place of restaurants like Plaza Asturias.

I don't think these places are going away anytime soon. If you go outside of the tourist/expat zones, they are still the norm in Buenos Aires. Even more so in provincia. I ate at one in La Paternal a week ago. It was the usual "tired spanish" cuisine," but had an hour wait.

EDIT: Not sure where you guys are ordering empanadas, but if you prefer pizza pockets, you really should pick a new place. Even Fabrica de Pizza would be better than Hot Pockets.

Back