Sit Tight...Your Dollar is About To Go ALOT Further!

Lucas said:
People who think the dollar will come back from a diagnosed terminal death just are kidding themselves.
Lucas said:
They have been fed with misinformation and with scaring doom and gloom tactics
oh the irony.

Yes - this has nothing to do with whether the dollar is the long-term global currency. As jb5 and BA Finance pointed out, Cristina and the CB have been trying to keep the exchange rate artificially low by buying pesos out of the market (and cracking down on exchange houses in the guise of "money laundering" - anyone see that yesterday) but it can't go on forever.

I agree it can NOT go on forever. Furthermore, I wonder if the new scrutiny at exchange houses is equally applied if you have dollars and want to buy pesos --- somehow I doubt it.

citygirl said:
Yes - this has nothing to do with whether the dollar is the long-term global currency. As jb5 and BA Finance pointed out, Cristina and the CB have been trying to keep the exchange rate artificially low by buying pesos out of the market (and cracking down on exchange houses in the guise of "money laundering" - anyone see that yesterday) but it can't go on forever.

I am sure that international currency traders, with the ability to accurately forecast swings in forex in advance, who make millions, or billions, are posting their advice here...

Which screen name is really George Soros?

You never know, I recently realized that one of the most influential economists in the US works out of my small beach town. Many can do their work from anywhere, we've met some very interesting people here in BA.

This is not an endorsement of BAfinance who appears to be in a new business each month.

Ries said:
I am sure that international currency traders, with the ability to accurately forecast swings in forex in advance, who make millions, or billions, are posting their advice here...

while offering their two-week class for $500 or selling their book for an additional $55. :rolleyes:

At any rate, the USDARS monthly chart shows a very strong up-trend. It's been sustained for years. I'd predict that it will continue.

Back