Sit Tight...Your Dollar is About To Go ALOT Further!

evitaduarte said:
Can someone give me today's black/blue/parallel rate of exchange for the US$? Where is it easiest to get pesos at this rate? Are casas de cambio giving a decent rate?

There is only one descent rate and that is the official currency rates.

as advice given on another similar thread

The black market is death, kaput, disappear now what you see on the window boards or in the newspapers are the official currency rates is what you get/pay for your dollars, besides if you are going to operate and dealing in a sort kind of black currency market your money could be confiscated, you can go to jail or the authorities in conjunction with the AFIP may send you to Guantanamo Bay detention center for laundering money for unknown purposes, be careful, be safe, be legal and you will be okay..

It is pretty clear that this forum has been targeted by the cyber K brigades.

Peron was a fascist military pig, the deluded neo Peronists think that their kleptomaniac millionaire leaders are the left. What a joke...

Lucas, was your father forced to read "mi vida" by Evita? Will you soon be visiting the neo-stalinist memorial of the departed supreme leader NK?

Lol...

I know were you are coming from, new nickname with the only purpose to attack me as your newspapers do with the argentine citizens pure lies and misinformation to confuse everyone, but you know what? you won't be successful you can try but all already know who you are.

Good bye, gil!

Lucas said:
There is only one descent rate and that is the official currency rates.
as advice given on another similar thread...
The black market is death, kaput, disappear now what you see on the window boards or in the newspapers are the official currency rates is what you get/pay for your dollars, besides if you are going to operate and dealing in a sort kind of black currency market your money could be confiscated, you can go to jail or the authorities in conjunction with the AFIP may send you to Guantanamo Bay detention center for laundering money for unknown purposes, be careful, be safe, be legal and you will be okay..
Thanks for this very "descent" advice which seems to descend into fantasy. Now can we hear from someone who isn't sick?

Evita´s book is called "La razon de mi vida" (My Life´s Goal) and the parts I read are pretty good, as a political pamphlet. We are pretty far from those authoritarian times, aren´t we? Freedom of press is the state of things, and it will remain so.

About the dollar: after all the doomsday scenarios of last weeks, thinks are calm again. If you have funds of legal origin, you can use them to buy greens (maybe wait another couple of days for the necessary adjustments to AFIP´s software to be sure). Now we need to tackle the problem of Uruguay, our own black hole of tax-evaders. And yes, I am a proud Kirchenrista, and I will continue being so until the current administration goes against my principles and economic ideas. In short: don´t expect a dollar at 6 pesos for 2012, I think that 4,50-4,80 at max for December 2012 is closer to reality.

In short: don´t expect a dollar at 6 pesos for 2012, I think that 4,50-4,80 at max for December 2012 is closer to reality.

Some pretty reputable international chains such as the Hard Rock Café and the large perfume chain Julerique are already accepting the US dollar at 4,60 and 4,90 respectively, FYI

Unofficial rate is now about 5.15 pesos to the dollar.

Interesting side note, and maybe coincidence, but went to 10 ATMs today as I returned from Europe this morning and needed to pay for my cab fare home. Not one ATM in the airport had cash. Not one ATM (bank, gas station, etc) had cash. Luckily I had money at home and could pay finally.

Argentina, a unique crazyness blend

Peronism is a severe personality disorder. Peron was friends and welcomed two biggest fascist pigs from Yugoslavia, Ante Pavelic and Milan Stojadinovic (founder of "El Economista" weekly). Pavelic sold portions of Croatia to Mussolini while Stojadinovic made Serbia the Europe's first Jew-free country. Pavelic exterminated most of Croatia's Jewish, Roma and Serb population. About half a million were killed in Jasenovac concentration camp. Most of my countrymen in Argentina are Peronists. Actually, Nestor himself had Croatian roots too

Peso is going to devaluate but this time corralito is going to be more harsh as monetary reserves are a lot lower than in early 00's

citygirl said:
Unofficial rate is now about 5.15 pesos to the dollar.

Where is this rate available?

Have dollars to sell...

In short: don´t expect a dollar at 6 pesos for 2012, I think that 4,50-4,80 at max for December 2012 is closer to reality.

CFK is going to continue all her high cost programs in a slow growth period and keep the peso propped up too? Wow, she really does have super powers.

Interesting side note, and maybe coincidence, but went to 10 ATMs today as I returned from Europe this morning and needed to pay for my cab fare home. Not one ATM in the airport had cash. Not one ATM (bank, gas station, etc) had cash. Luckily I had money at home and could pay finally.

I had the same experience in Palermo Monday. It was an amazing scene. People looking very scared running down Santa Fe from one ATM to the next frantically trying to get money.

Back