Sit Tight...Your Dollar is About To Go ALOT Further!

citygirl said:
Unofficial rate is now about 5.15 pesos to the dollar.

Interesting side note, and maybe coincidence, but went to 10 ATMs today as I returned from Europe this morning and needed to pay for my cab fare home. Not one ATM in the airport had cash. Not one ATM (bank, gas station, etc) had cash. Luckily I had money at home and could pay finally.

Ambit.com shows an"informal" rate of 4.75

marksoc said:
...And yes, I am a proud Kirchenrista, and I will continue being so until the current administration goes against my principles and economic ideas. In short: don´t expect a dollar at 6 pesos for 2012, I think that 4,50-4,80 at max for December 2012 is closer to reality.

Thank you I appreciate your candor, now...

Can you please explain NK and CFK historical record of :

1-. Collaborating with the military during the dirty war.

2-. Suspect origin of the millions and millions of dollars they made in the south starting with a very modest business of foreclosures of homes?

3-. Where are the 500 million that NK sent to Europe as Governor?

It would be great to hear some clear non-evasive, non-political answers.

bradlyhale said:
Infobae published an article this morning, in which they quoted the AFIP Director:

That is just frightening. :eek:

That's indeed frightening but it's not as sophisticated -yet- as in our so-called "developped societies".

Our governments with SS numbers, CC statements (what newspaper do you subscribe too, what services do you buy, etc.), CCTVs, mobile geolocalizations, and such can determine very easily :
- your political opinions
- your sexual preferences
- where you go, anytime, everywhere
- what food you eat
- etc etc....

Nice tool if any extremist leader was to be democratically elected (like the guy with a moustache).

I commented this on another thread - some casas de cambio are not exchanging pesos for dollars either - AFIP is giving them trouble.

I wonder why they don't say it --- why dont they allow people to sell their dollars? I find this a bit suffocating and worrying...

I think that some of the casas de cambio are as worried that they will have to provide proof about the provenance of the dollars if people are trying to exchange them.

The "unofficial" rate seems to be pretty variable depending on who you know and where you go.

I wonder what the pro K people who wish to buy or sell US$ think of this measure.

Please note I wrote "think" - no "pre-packaged" responses please.

These dollar controls do nothing but stifle the economy . I have seen a effect on investments and on the purchase of larger ticket items the economic activity is down.

It is silly that a country that relies so heavily on tourism has such controls of even tourists who wish to change dollars into pesos . This does not give a positive image of the country and many are now deciding that Argentina is not worth the expense nor the hassles to travel here.

Hey, I arrive in a few days. I have sufficient pesos to pay for a cab to my apt, but if I can't get pesos from Banks/ATMs and casas de cambio won't change my US$ how in the world will I be able to buy my "milanesas para todo?"
Buddy, can you spare a dime?

ATMs are working fine to get pesos. You might have to try a few times before you find one with cash, but that's normal.

Back