Skiiing Advice - Better In Argentina Or Chile?

We are in Santiago for a conference at the beginning of June . And Mrs Glasgowjohn wants to do some skiing before or after . I dont want to be conned by going up to Valle Nevado to find snowless slopes . Trying to convince her that golf would be a better idea...

It's hard to say now, they could be open if the weather is right. The good thing for the Mrs. is that you don't have to plan ahead you can literally jump on a shuttle and head up any morning you want and they rent everything at the resorts or at the shuttle. Check their social media they provide regular updates when they get snow and when they're gonna open. The 3 closest, La Parva, El Colorado and Valle Nevado all have slightly different weather and therefore one might open first.

We are in Santiago for a conference at the beginning of June . And Mrs Glasgowjohn wants to do some skiing before or after . I dont want to be conned by going up to Valle Nevado to find snowless slopes . Trying to convince her that golf would be a better idea...

In case you haven't been following the resorts, due to the massive storm, some of the resorts are already open and the rest are opening shortly!

In case you haven't been following the resorts, due to the massive storm, some of the resorts are already open and the rest are opening shortly!

Just got back to the hotel after a full day in Parque Farellones , which is on the way to Valle Nevado . We had a great day , the weather was great and Mrs GlasgowJohn and Glasgowjohn Jr had a great time.

This is very much a beginners resort , which was great for us as I havent skied for 35 years and this was the wee boys first time in the snow.

It snowed heavily ten days ago , so we had a great day.

There are a couple of restaurants that do a decent job .

Some Chilean friends gave us some good advice and you can do this without going on an expensive excursion.

If anyone is going , let me know and I will fill them in

Valle nevado Chile all runs open good snow, Argentina still closed?

http://www.vallenevado.com/en/estado-de-montana/

Zero, but zero snow in San Martin, Villa la Angostura and Bariloche. Not sure about Las Lenas.

No skiing possible in the next two weeks. Great mountainbiking though at the moment.

Back