Smashing Pumpkins - Nov 18 - Luna Park

Smashing Pumpkins was a good band w/ their original members. The only original member left is Billy Corgan who sucks now (no edge) plus most of the original group said he's a pretentious dick. Which is why you probably bought the tickets to begin with. Ouch!!!

eschal said:
Smashing Pumpkins was a good band w/ their original members. The only original member left is Billy Corgan who sucks now (no edge) plus most of the original group said he's a pretentious dick. Which is why you probably bought the tickets to begin with. Ouch!!!
That's kind of cute of you to say considering that all of the studio recordings since the 2nd or so album have been 100% Bill Corgan.

You can pine for the other tools in the band, but that were basically Billy's studio musicians on tour.

I have James Iha's solo album. I like it. It's perfect for days that I feel like staying home, brewing a pot of loose leaf tea and knitting a sweater for one of my 8 cats. But on the days when my balls drop, and my testosterone is pumping, I realize that Billy could beat James into a fox hole with only his high E string.

Billy IS The Smashing Pumpkins.

If you think otherwise, you were probably the last to be picked for your neighborhood touch football games.

The only Pumpkin who matters will be at Luna Park tomorrow for a show in front of thousands of dirty matted haired locals who couldn't dance their way out of a shoe box. Billy might have other members of the original band backing him up, I don't know. But what I do know is that they don't really matter. For the cost of all-u-can-eat tofu and yoga classes plus another US$300/show, Billy can get twice the band that he had back in the '90s.

Lee said:
As it appears music means nothing here either.

I don't quite get the relation between the Smashing Pumpkins and music, I saw them in '94 too and they were insipid, four posers desperately trying to get a whiff of the next trail to follow, can't imagine how soporific the experience would be now.

To quote a band coincidentally coming to these shores in a few days and very much worth going to see -

Out on tour with the Smashing Pumpkins,
nature kids, they don't have no function
I dont understand what they mean
and I couldn't really give a f@#k

I would guess they're probably not meeting up for drinks.

If you pay me 30 bucks I'll put them through my paper shredder for you.

Don't get me started on the Stone Temple Pilots.

Smashing Pumpkins IS Biily Corgan and Billing Corgan is dating Jessica Simpson. Who was married to Nick Lachey of 98 degrees and doesn't know what tuna is. They are all lame except for the first couple of albums before Corgan became a sell out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Expat Life 2
N Expat Life 3
N Expat Life 0
N Expat Life 4
Back