So, I'm being sued by the cleaning lady..

modulus said:
Well, the letters have been official enough that Tribunales is preparing the expediente these days. It will be interesting to see if the judge slaps a lien on my property or not.

I wonder if you can sell your property to a relative before this happens? I know the property I rent my studio in is officially owned by my landlords sister to keep her husband from getting his hands on it..... Just a thought.

Yes, you can and should transfer title to someone else... preferably not a relative... Can be done by a notary...

I just met with a lawyer yesterday about this very scenario.

mini said:
I wonder if you can sell your property to a relative before this happens? I know the property I rent my studio in is officially owned by my landlords sister to keep her husband from getting his hands on it..... Just a thought.
Donation is the way to go to do this

Will said:
Yes, you can and should transfer title to someone else... preferably not a relative... Can be done by a notary...

I just met with a lawyer yesterday about this very scenario.

Or at least not a relative with the same name, maybe a married sister? or aunt.

I think we are on to a good idea!!! Sadly, you have to play the same game.

That's actually what I've been working on. But what would be the disadvantage of transferring to anyone with the same family name? Is there a grey zone here in which som types of transfers could be cancelled by a court?

modulus said:
That's actually what I've been working on. But what would be the disadvantage of transferring to anyone with the same family name? Is there a grey zone here in which som types of transfers could be cancelled by a court?

I'm afraid I don't know. I suggested family but Will said no. So i though a relative without the same name.... I imagine a spouse would not be safe.

My landlord & her sister have the same name. Talk to the notary or lawyer who will do the transfer, asap.

Bienvenidos a Argentina. One of the big things that holds this great country back are the unfavorable labor laws.

We were sued by a guy who said he was our employee for longer than we even were in the country. He even tried and almost succeeded in putting a lien/embargo on our property before the trial started.

We paid the chanta just to make it go away.

modulus said:

YES! Any transfer between family members or other related parties with the obvious purpose of hiding it from the lien, CAN BE REVERSED BY THE COURTS!!

Since you´re so attached, why no sell it to an investor and rent it from the buyer?

BAJoe said:
Since you´re so attached, why no sell it to an investor and rent it from the buyer?

There's a timing aspect here. It would probably be faster and cheaper to bump the real estate over to next-of-kin, for instance. We'll have to see if it would be possible to complete the transaction and transferring the funds out of the country before a lien would take effect.

Of course, the attachment factor is there as well. Been working for years on recycling and getting things up to snuff, and I didn't really buy the property for the purpose of realizing a profit.

For the record, I am awaiting responses from e.g. my escribano, so it's not like I'm playing deer-in-headlight doing nothing. But I'm "on the other side of EZE" at the moment, so things don't exactly happen with the speed of light when you have to do them by email. Not that they would anyway..

Back