Some non-essential stores reopen for business in BA

Buenas!
Might be a bit OT but does anyone know if the used book stores in Plaza Italia are open again? I'm heading back to the US on the Friday flight and would like to pick up some more lit in castellano for cheap before I leave. Gracias!
I doubt it as the 2 fairs at separate locations in my neighborhood continue to be closed. But one can find used books at some of the bookstores on Av. Corrientes that just re-opened.

And stats of number of recorded positive cases per CABA neighborhood:
12 May 2020
....According to data from the Ministry of Health, Retiro is the neighborhood with the most cases in the capital, with a total of 309 positive diagnoses. Villa 31 is located there, one of the largest in the city and where more cases were discovered.....Since last week, the City Government has begun to separately report confirmed cases in vulnerable neighborhoods. As of May 10, there were 616 cases. A week earlier, on May 4, 233 people were infected with the virus.....Flores is the second neighborhood with the most cases, with 161 in total. It is worth remembering that within that neighborhood is Villa 1-11-14, another important vulnerable neighborhood in the capital.

The other neighborhoods with the most cases are:
Recoleta (154 confirmed cases)
Palermo (96)
Balvanera (91)

Currently Caballito has 30 confirmed cases whereas 4 weeks ago that number was 22. There are 20 registered geriatric live-in facilities in the neighborhood, none of which have yet to report a virus outbreak.

Based on these stats for Caballito, today I don't view 30 confirmed cases as a significant amount considering:
Population
Area
• Total7.1 km2 (2.7 sq mi)
• Total183,396
• Density26,000/km2 (67,000/sq mi)

Last edited:
Thanks for the chart. I 'liked" your post, but am not sure that's the right word for what I feel. That chart is scary as hell......
What concerns me most is the number of asymptomatic cases walking around in every neighborhood in AMBA.

Updated data showing the number of confirmed cases as of 14 May 2020....
....The Autonomous City of Buenos Aires is the first district nationwide according to the number of positive cases of Covid-19 coronavirus, but the reality within the 48 Buenos Aires neighborhoods is divergent. On the one hand, there are two neighborhoods with more than 200 cases each and, on the opposite extreme, there is one that remains immune to the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

The data comes from the interactive and regularly updated map prepared by the LA NACION Data team, based on the weekly reports presented by the Buenos Aires government since March 3, when the first case was confirmed in the capital district and in the country....

Updated data: Caballito increased from 30 cases to 50. The increase in my neighborhood has yet to be of concern to me.

Last edited:
I do understand what you meant in your post.

My point of view is that this all has been taken too far. I know people are dying from this, but it really isn't a whole lot different than the principle of natural selection. The fittest survive. I'll take my chances thank you very much. I'd rather die than be stripped of my freedom.

Mejor morir de pie que vivir en rodilla, eh?

Ceviche, you need to ask your landlord when and how the decision to prohibit access came about as he would have received a e-mail from the administrator with that information.

Gracielle,

My admin sent me this message and attachement -

Estimado,

Adjunto decreto por el cual se ordena el aislamiento social obligatorio. Esto significa que las personas que no cumplan servicios esenciales no tienen autorización para circular salvo excepciones de asistencia de personas mayores, enfermas o niños y aprovisionamiento de alimentos y medicamentos.

Entiendo la ansiedad que esto nos causa ya que todos estamos hoy por hoy en la misma situación.

Quedo a su disposición por cualquier consulta.

--

Your views - What should be an appropriate question to ask them or word to them such that it does not seem, I want to break any law - which I definitely don't want to?

Attachments

• aviso_227042 (1).pdf
    191.8 KB · Views: 1
Updated data showing the number of confirmed cases as of 14 May 2020....

Wow, last week and for most of the weeks before Palermo was stable at between 60-70 something cases. Now 111.

My concern is the circulation fo people from Villa 31 where cases are going crazy due to cramped living conditions, but presumably also subject to more concentrated testing than other neighbourhoods. Many people living there are delivery drivers for rappi and glovo etc... Does anyone know if they can still come in and out of their neighbourhood for work? I remember the government never made the quarantine in peoples homes mandatory in the villas, instead quarantining the entire villa... but I am not sure this is really happening...?

Gracielle,

My admin sent me this message and attachement -

Estimado,

Adjunto decreto por el cual se ordena el aislamiento social obligatorio. Esto significa que las personas que no cumplan servicios esenciales no tienen autorización para circular salvo excepciones de asistencia de personas mayores, enfermas o niños y aprovisionamiento de alimentos y medicamentos.

Entiendo la ansiedad que esto nos causa ya que todos estamos hoy por hoy en la misma situación.

Quedo a su disposición por cualquier consulta.

--

Your views - What should be an appropriate question to ask them or word to them such that it does not seem, I want to break any law - which I definitely don't want to?
Your landlord gave you the correct answer. The administration of your building is abiding strictly by the decree...no visitors/guests allowed for purposes of socialization.
Attached decree ordering compulsory social isolation. This means that people who do not fulfill essential services are not authorized to circulate with the exception of assistance for the elderly, sick or children and provision of food and medicine.

Your landlord gave you the correct answer. The administration of your building is abiding strictly by the decree...no visitors/guests allowed for purposes of socialization.
Attached decree ordering compulsory social isolation. This means that people who do not fulfill essential services are not authorized to circulate with the exception of assistance for the elderly, sick or children and provision of food and medicine.

Not my landlord. Thats the building manager.

Clarification: it is not within the law....I should have said is not listed in any of the DNU's that owners of units in a building can restrict access to visitors/guests during quarantine.

Gracielle, your new reply is 100% contradictory to your previous reply.

Back