Some Questions

jamasVamos

Registered
1. Do I need a DNI/Argentina residencia to pick up money that I send through Xoom or Riamoneytransfer? Like a cash pickup I mean

2. I've read a lot about Xoom here on the forum, but I couldn't find much on Ria. Is Ria safe? Any experiences with it? Right now Ria is trading closer to the blue rate than Xoom that's why I'm curious

3. I'm bringing a friend with me who will just be visiting, first time in the country. Do they need to pay the $160 USD at EZE? or does that have to done online? We are from the US, it's her first time in the country.

A) No, passport for xoom.
B) Don't know
C) Must be paid online BEFORE arrival and the printed slip has to come too.

1. Do I need a DNI/Argentina residencia to pick up money that I send through Xoom or Riamoneytransfer? Like a cash pickup I mean

2. I've read a lot about Xoom here on the forum, but I couldn't find much on Ria. Is Ria safe? Any experiences with it? Right now Ria is trading closer to the blue rate than Xoom that's why I'm curious

3. I'm bringing a friend with me who will just be visiting, first time in the country. Do they need to pay the $160 USD at EZE? or does that have to done online? We are from the US, it's her first time in the country.

Just to answer #3, since they changed the rule that it has to be done online, they will ask you when/before you check in at the USA airport so if you haven't done it by then you (she) will have to jet to the nearest internet cafe to do it.

Since a friend is coming, why not have your friend bring money (in US$100s)?

Using XOOM is losing money compared to changing money here.

Back