Sound of Freedom

I am not suggesting anyone is "required" to do anything, except, we hope, NOT abuse children, women, people of color, or LBGT people.
I am merely saying, do your homework about the subject and the film before suggesting its "truth". Its fictional.
Every major religion has supported child sexual predation, in the form of adult men marrying children, for thousands of years, and most still have sects who practice this to this day.
And the numbers are horrendous.
I am against cartels, kidnapping, sex predators, and criminals in general.
I also happen to be against slavery, child marriage, ownership of women, and various other ongoing crimes that are completely unmentioned in this film.
But please, go see it if you want. Just be aware its not the complete story.
"fiction" is different than "not the complete story". which are you arguing? if it's the latter i agree.

i don't understand why everyone feels the need to make "whatabout" arguments, especially for a topic like this. let's be angry that children are being abused and trafficked through a porous border, and ALSO be angry that the boy scouts and churches have made heinous mistakes. every movie or action taken does not nor will it ever solve the entirety of a problem all at once.

the idea that this is "right wing" is lunacy

No doubt there has been shameful abuse by Catholic clergy however it's not limited to the Catholic Church. A global institution over 2,000 years old is going to be in the public eye and is easy to identify. Churches like the Anglican Church get far less attention but I remember reading a few years ago that the number of cases of Anglican clergy abuse at Anglican run Indian schools in Canada was so overwhelming that one bishop commented that most of his time was spent on related legal matters. There has also been lots of abuse by people belonging to other faiths who might respond with less pacificity if I were to be more specific. Some countries, especially non Christian ones, and cultures are far more likely to conceal these crimes than North American or Western countries where there is greater freedom of speech and the media.

I am not suggesting anyone is "required" to do anything, except, we hope, NOT abuse children, women, people of color, or LBGT people.

How about asian, arab, latino and white people? Why is it limited to children, women, people of color and LGBT? Lmao you white American liberals crack me up.

How about asian, arab, latino and white people? Why is it limited to children, women, people of color and LGBT? Lmao you white American liberals crack me up.
obviously all that is included. I am way to the left of "liberal".
And the guys who made this film are extreme right, evangelical christians, Q-Anon, Ted Cruz supporters, Trump fans and Putin supporters, believers that Abraham Lincoln was a mormon, and the main dude, Ballard, had to quit his the organization he founded due to sexual predator accusations by his own employees.
Defending that cracks me up.

obviously all that is included. I am way to the left of "liberal".
And the guys who made this film are extreme right, evangelical christians, Q-Anon, Ted Cruz supporters, Trump fans and Putin supporters, believers that Abraham Lincoln was a mormon, and the main dude, Ballard, had to quit his the organization he founded due to sexual predator accusations by his own employees.
Defending that cracks me up.

I agree Ries, I just never understood the white American liberal and their obsession about race and sexual orientation.

If someone is human, they deserve dignity, safety, and basic rights. Why focus on their sexual preferences or the amount of melanin present in their skin?

I never saw the film, but it does seem like they have a far right bias. If not, they'd focus on religious organizations, but that doesn't fit their narrative.

As always it helps to know the views of the publication putting out media.

The problem with Sound of Freedom and other right wing infotainment is that it completely misses the forest for the trees.

It's not cartels in the jungle that are kidnapping individual kids for perverts, it's organizations like the Catholic Church, Boy Scouts,
"Trouble Teen Bootcamps", cops, etc. that are often teeming with pedophiles, and they're probably closer to your home than the
theaters many of these "activists" went to watch the movie at.

This also is happening at a time when the right wing hate machine is trying to portray LGBT people as "groomers", when anyone
with half a brain remembers it was the American government and military in Afghanistan that was helping the locals traffic kids under
US military protection for 20 years. Can we get an Oorah! for our men and women in uniform protecting pedos? No? a little on the nose?
Weird, I wonder why there are no protests outside of VA offices and US embassies like gay bars when the DoD has 5,753 recorded
incidents (God knows how many others) and chose to do nothing about it. Seems like a lot of service members should be in jail as
accessories.

My point is that people are weaponizing children's trauma as both a culture war and slacktivism issue. The Sound of Freedom isn't anything
new, everyone should be against pedophilia and trafficking, and likely is, yet that doesn't seem to be the case as Ries, Reply Guy, and Johnny point out as the biggest culprits operate openly and society just shrugs it's shoulders, and the sick irony of people directly associated with this project appear to have committed crimes similar to the ones they are supposedly so fundamentally against, so there's that too.
The problem with Sound of Freedom and other right wing infotainment is that it completely misses the forest for the trees.

It's not cartels in the jungle that are kidnapping individual kids for perverts, it's organizations like the Catholic Church, Boy Scouts,
"Trouble Teen Bootcamps", cops, etc. that are often teeming with pedophiles, and they're probably closer to your home than the
theaters many of these "activists" went to watch the movie at.

This also is happening at a time when the right wing hate machine is trying to portray LGBT people as "groomers", when anyone
with half a brain remembers it was the American government and military in Afghanistan that was helping the locals traffic kids under
US military protection for 20 years. Can we get an Oorah! for our men and women in uniform protecting pedos? No? a little on the nose?
Weird, I wonder why there are no protests outside of VA offices and US embassies like gay bars when the DoD has 5,753 recorded
incidents (God knows how many others) and chose to do nothing about it. Seems like a lot of service members should be in jail as
accessories.

My point is that people are weaponizing children's trauma as both a culture war and slacktivism issue. The Sound of Freedom isn't anything
new, everyone should be against pedophilia and trafficking, and likely is, yet that doesn't seem to be the case as Ries, Reply Guy, and Johnny point out as the biggest culprits operate openly and society just shrugs it's shoulders, and the sick irony of people directly associated with this project appear to have committed crimes similar to the ones they are supposedly so fundamentally against, so there's that too.
You are missing the point due to your political bias. It's a movie about the Cartel's victimizing millions of people at the US southern border. I dated a girl from Monterrey that came across the border years ago with her son and daughter. Nobody crosses over the border without paying via money or your body. These victims are forced to pay when the arrive in the US or the cartels kill their families back home. Unfortunately white saviors completely ignore what is going on at the border while they drink their coffee watching The View.
Right wing hate machine? Do you think a 5 year old needs to learn about anal and oral sex at school? Do you think a guy dressed as a stripper should be dancing in front of young children? There is a word for that....grooming. Might as well start brining in bio women to pole dance for children. What would be the difference?
People that brought up the situation in Afghanistan were silenced by the uni-party in DC. FYI the victimization of young boys in Afghanistan is the norm. Check out the documentaries about young dancing boys in Afghanistan.
Protecting pedos? Why haven't we seen Epstein's client list? Why do you think the names haven't been leaked? Why hasn't The View, CNN, FOX, and all the other BS narrative machines report on that? Forget about your programming and think about it. Everything is not black or white. Everything isn't far left or far right.

There is a difference between boys being sexually abused in church schools by priests and the recruitment of young girls for modeling when they are actually sold as sexual slaves to perverts.

Has a movie been made about priests abusing young boys? Probably not. Although grown men have told their stories about abuse.

Sound of Freedom concentrates on the $150 billion global market for young girls. Jeffrey Epstein's business on steroids. And his private videos and client list were destroyed to protect the guilty from prosecution.

The Sound of freedom hasn't been a box office success .... Some people expressed concern about the idea of profiting denouncing pedophilia..? It has been addressed above that there are different kinds of pedophilia, like priests/scout leaders abusing teenagers under their supervision... However trafficking with children under seven falls into a another category ?

Back