South Venezue...Argentina now in the top 5 globally in terms of daily infections and deaths from COVID

Yeah, thousands out of the millions who left.

And let me translate that headline for you, "Thousands of displaced Venezuelans return to their country because of the coronavirus crisis"

It does not say, "Thousands of displaced Venezuelans return to their country porque Argentina es un bananero de mierda en el culo del mundo"

Red

1)Thank you for explaining us the actual meaning ..!
2) Maybe some of them (and us believe) it's Un Pais Bananero , furthermore it's at the end of the road, can't go furter south.

Red

1)Thank you for explaining us the actual meaning ..!
2) Maybe some of them (and us believe) it's Un Pais Bananero , furthermore it's at the end of the road, can't go further south.

Like I said, "en el culo del mundo", meaning more or less, "at the ass-end of the world". Though in truth it should be noted that Scandinavia goes much further north then Argentina goes south. Ushuaia is just shy of 55 degrees south, while Oslo is 59 degrees north, and that's only southern Norway. Vadso, in the Finnmark, is 70 degrees north. Then again, Scandinavia is in Europe, and perceived as near the center of the world, while the whole Southern Hemisphere is more or less consigned to oblivion.

Like I said, "en el culo del mundo", meaning more or less, "at the ass-end of the world". Though in truth it should be noted that Scandinavia goes much further north then Argentina goes south. Ushuaia is just shy of 55 degrees south, while Oslo is 59 degrees north, and that's only southern Norway. Vadso, in the Finnmark, is 70 degrees north. Then again, Scandinavia is in Europe, and perceived as near the center of the world, while the whole Southern Hemisphere is more or less consigned to oblivion.

Let's call it a day..." no aclare que oscurece"

This is one of the more disappointing acts of this government to date. It sets off my alarm bells more than failed economic policies that may or may not set a trajectory toward a Venezuela. Once human rights, justice, freedom of press and expression, as well as democracy go out the window it’s as over for this country as it was that country.

I take it as further proof that this government is nothing but a pack of fascist mafiosxs posing as progressives in order to hijack a state. It condemns the crimes of the historic dictatorship here yet covers up the same crimes of a present day regime abroad that it is aligned with... because there is a difference between good murderers and bad murderers who are apparently determined entirely by their political leanings?

While some may hesitate to call Venezuela a dictatorship they best anyone could hope to call it is a (fake?) democracy that commits extra judicial murder, torture and intimidation. Semantics really.

Attachments

• A_HRC_45_33_UnofficialSpanishVersion.pdf
    248.8 KB · Views: 3
More detail here: https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...-que-prueba-la-represion-ilegal-en-venezuela/

It's stupid, but not proof that this government is nothing but a pack of fascist mafiosxs as stated above.
Alberto / the rest of the government have not come out with an official condemnation nor have they announced disciplinary measures yet if indeed he was a renegade diplomat. This article is an editorial / opinion essentially implying this guy spoke in public what others speak in private and that he may be a renegade diplomat. Hence Guaido is still waiting for an answer from the executive to confirm their position - something that should be a no-brainer for any government that does not want to be an apologist for Venezuelan human rights abuses... but of course for this government "it's complicated".

Alberto / the rest of the government have not come out with an official condemnation nor have they announced disciplinary measures yet if indeed he was a renegade diplomat. This article is an editorial / opinion essentially implying this guy spoke in public what others speak in private and that he may be a renegade diplomat. Hence Guaido is still waiting for an answer from the executive to confirm their position - something that should be a no-brainer for any government that does not want to be an apologist for Venezuelan human rights abuses... but of course for this government "it's complicated".

If the USA, UK, and EU are supposedly the standard for Western democracies and are still "apologists" and business partners for much worse human rights abusers like Saudi Arabia, then the bar is already quite low for Argentina. All Argentina did was refuse to sign a piece of paper (figuratively speaking), those other "democracies" are actively arming and funding Saudi Arabia.

And as far as Guaido is concerned, I don't see why the real president of one country has to answer to the make-believe, unelected leader of another country. He's been running around at the expense of US taxpayers (who fund the CIA, the US State Dept, the OAS, et al.) trying to convince the world that he's the real president of Venezuela yet after almost two years nobody other than a handful of people in suits believes him.

If the USA, UK, and EU are supposedly the standard for Western democracies and are still "apologists" and business partners for much worse human rights abusers like Saudi Arabia, then the bar is already quite low for Argentina. All Argentina did was refuse to sign a piece of paper (figuratively speaking), those other "democracies" are actively arming and funding Saudi Arabia.

And as far as Guaido is concerned, I don't see why the real president of one country has to answer to the make-believe, unelected leader of another country. He's been running around at the expense of US taxpayers (who fund the CIA, the US State Dept, the OAS, et al.) trying to convince the world that he's the real president of Venezuela yet after almost two years nobody other than a handful of people in suits believes him.
Frankly speaking, abuses should be condemned outright anywhere at any opportunity to do so.
This was the opportunity to condemn those taking place in Venezuela, the country that has more deaths at the hands of the police/ security forces every year than any other country on earth (that is not a warzone... but even then, deaths per 10million more than double those of Syria)
It was not only Guaido (if not the president, then the opposition of Venezuela) asking the same questions. Many domestic elements and journalists were doing the same.
Even AMLO / Mexico and other "leftist" countries condemn Venezuela. Why is it so difficult for this government to also condemn it in a clear no vueltas kind of way too?

Last edited:
Fair enough, though I'd note Hanlon's Razor "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" applies very much here.

Poor Guaido is up shit creek waiting for Von Clownstick to send him a paddle, well I guess it's in the post, except the post in the US is a bit delayed now. He seems to be a decent enough guy, an engineer rather than a politician, but the reality is that until now Von Clownstick has sent less than $1.00 in "humanitarian aid" for Guaido to distribute in Venezuela. Lip flapping in Miami or fake rage shows by Pompeo don't count as facts on the ground, unfortunately.

Fair enough, though I'd note Hanlon's Razor "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" applies very much here.

Poor Guaido is up shit creek waiting for Von Clownstick to send him a paddle, well I guess it's in the post, except the post in the US is a bit delayed now. He seems to be a decent enough guy, an engineer rather than a politician, but the reality is that until now Von Clownstick has sent less than $1.00 in "humanitarian aid" for Guaido to distribute in Venezuela. Lip flapping in Miami or fake rage shows by Pompeo don't count as facts on the ground, unfortunately.
Regardless of who Guaido is and who funds him... what other official opposition exists in that so-called democracy of the people? Somehow I doubt the Maduro regime achieves 96% satisfaction of the people when even in utterly boring and perfect countries ruling parties fail to get more than 50-60%.

Venezuela is a humanitarian issue first and foremost and is a perfect example of a state hijacked by narcos and mafiosos who live with impunity and need chaos to keep the power their business needs to enrich themselves. In 2020 it has nothing to do with cold-war era paradigms or conspiracies.

Back