Spa/massage In Buenos Aires

daisyedwards

Registered
Hi all!

This past weekend I was going to go get a massage and facial from a woman who was recommended by a colleague. I arrived at the location for my appointment, that I scheduled a couple of weeks ago, and was told that she was not there (after living here for a month, I've gotten used to this kind of thing).

Have any of you gone to a spa here? Do you have recommendations of a good masseuse or good spa to go to? I'm reaching out to you guys because I don't trust the internet with this type of thing (Google "Buenos Aires Massage" and you'll see what I mean).

http://www.colmegna.com.ar

This is a very old and old-fashioned place. Separate areas for men and women. Mostly middle aged men who play dominoes in the steam room, chat in the cafe or just rest. Not exactly luxurious but a curious vestige of a mostly bygone BA.

"Home" hotel on Honduras 5860 between Caranza and Ravigniani has a small spa area in the basement but very efficient and professional.

"Home" hotel on Honduras 5860 between Caranza and Ravigniani has a small spa area in the basement but very efficient and professional.
I can Second Home Hotel, was there recently for a "Spa Day"package, which includes sauna, salt bath, one hour Massage, and lunch, and quite enjoyed it, found it to be on the lower end price wise for the hotel spas(1,200 pesos).

My wife is friends with the owners of Colmegna, she really likes it. But, as mentioned, its classic, not ultra modern.

I can third the Home Hotel recommendation - I tried two or three places in BA and this was by far the best and most 'pampering' of the lot. You can go for just a basic massage, or if you are happy to spend more upgrade to various levels of packages,

I also loved the massage at Home, although the spa environment isn't much. If you're looking for someplace special, sometimes they have had great, not (ridiculously) expensive spa specials at the Four Seasons, and that place is awesome. Treatments are amazing, and the pool is gorgeous. It's been awhile, but it's definitely a memorable spa.

Back