Spanish for young children

pearsonkat9

Registered
My husband, three kids and myself with be in BA starting Jan 8th fir a couple of months and are looking to teach our 4, 6 and 9 year old kids spanish. My husband and I are conversational in spanish but not fluent. Any recommendations for camps, schools, nannies?

My kids ages 10 and 11 took lessons at VOS. On a previous visit we also went to a school near Plaza Italia, but that school has closed. https://vosbuenosaires.com. My kids were also able to join a basketball group at El Poli in Belgrano

If your kids are confident enough I would put them in a colonia de vacaciones (kind of daily summer camps) where they will be in contact with other children. Trying to communicate with other kids will make them learn really quick.

My children are bilingual, 100%, always living in the U.S. Advice, from a teacher of English for 19 years, just speak Spanish in your household. Now. And do NOT insist your children respond in Spanish. Say something in Spanish and if they don't understand just repeat it in English. They will NOT need any more training. (one of my daughters ended up with a Fulbright to Monterey Mexico....of course....all in Spanish). Make sure they hear you speak to your husband in Spanish. Also...when they are around Spanish speaking kids their own age....you will be very happily surprised. One of natures glories!

Caribbean Cool I would agree with your methods (in fact, that's the way I raised my bilingual kids!) only if the parents (or at least on of them) are native in that language. Above all, you should speak to your kids the language of your heart and what comes most spontaneously.

Back