Spanish Influencer Blasts Argentina Roads

Rich One

Registered
A female influencer from Spain drove 7000 kmts on Argentina Roads , she claims roads are deficient and she experienced 2 flats from Bariloche to El Chaiten. Most of what she said is true..? No Mobile signal between cities , dead spaces. Your car breaks ? you are done... ! True even in Provincia de Buenos Aires.
Any opinions?

Last edited:
My opinion is that Spain has a GDP 3 times that of Argentina, per capita. So they have much more tax money to spend on roads. Plus they are a more desirable target for global internet and phone providers.
Triple the income per person in Argentina, and the road quality would improve.

Very interesting to read the Comments from viewers..? A few agree , others claim she hasn't had sex recently, many feel roads in Spain are not so good either, some claim that Argentina's territory is 14 times larger than Spain. But when she criticizes el Peronismo that is intolerable for many ... ! Wrong button to press..!
My opinion is that Spain has a GDP 3 times that of Argentina, per capita. So they have much more tax money to spend on roads. Plus they are a more desirable target for global internet and phone providers.
Triple the income per person in Argentina, and the road quality would improve.
so you agree with what she is saying, never mind Spanish roads..!

I agree that Argentina has much less to spend on roads, and that many roads are pretty funky, having rented cars and driven in Argentina. But in the last ten years, I have seen constant improvement of roads, at least in Buenos Aires Provincia.
And I agree that cell phone service is spotty. Even in Mar Del Plata, in December, I found that often, in a city of 750,000, I had zero bars on Movistar, walk 5 blocks, and I had reception.
Remember, Spain also gets tens of millions of euros of EU grants for things like roads.
The big difference to me, is not corruption or incompetence, but tax base, (again, 1/3 per capita) and the difference in size and distances. Its easy to drive for an hour on many Rutas in Argentina and see no towns, no buildings. Not so in Spain.
I find roads in Uruguay are pretty similar to Argentina- a few big roads are decent, smaller roads are rough, and the vast majority of roads are merely graded dirt roads.

Well without comparing with to countries.

Look at Ruta, 5 provincia BA, doble mano , very dangerous , many many deaths. the project to make it a freeway up to Chivilcoy, started with Nestor still under construction... Between Suipacha and Chivilcoy 10 km without mobile signal . As she noted.

As she said, many many areas between towns 300 kms , not a soul. San Luis to Mendoza border.. Also THAT station may be waiting for the gas truck to arrive..?
If your car breaks and you are hood up at the roadside , your life is in danger..?

Just saying..!

Last edited:
As far as AI goes, I lean toward being a Luddite.
Thanks . For the non initiated

PD: Viva google
LUDDITE: a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woollen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).

Roads vary here, we're a developing country, they're gonna be better in places like Capital and worse in the middle of nowhere (Patagonia, up north, etc.).

That being said, I drove from Capital to Bariloche in the winter recently and the roads were fine minus a stretch between CABA and Bahia Blanca, even then, they were drivable, some were being repaired, others you had to be careful and watch out for potholes. I'm guessing if you go to Extremadura in Spain which is very rural roads will be poorer than in say Madrid or Barcelona.

Back