Spanish tutor for a 7-year-old?

AmyP

Registered
Hey all,
We are in B.A. through December and our kids are enrolled in school here. Our daughter has already had two years of bilingual (Spanish and English) schooling in the U.S., and while her school here is also bilingual, she is still struggling with the Spanish portion of the day. Turns out immersion isn't for everyone, and there are a lot of basics that she could use help with. (My husband and I are learning Spanish right now, too, and unfortunately aren't in a position to help her much.)

We're looking for a Spanish tutor for 60- or 90-minute sessions a couple of times a week after school. The ideal candidate would be a native Spanish speaker, young, female, lively, positive, and capable of mixing up some formal basics (maybe using worksheets or flashcards about forming questions, simple conjugations, vocabulary) with fun, more informal games. We live in Palermo Soho.

I know it's a long wish list I'm throwing out here, but if anyone has ideas for us, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

A

Tatiana Kaler [email protected]. We haven't used her as a tutor, but we know people who have, and took a great tour of the city with her when we arrived. I think she's pretty much exactly what you describe. Good luck!

Thanks so much for this. I'll send her an email and follow up here later with what happened.

Just wanted to give an update--Tatiana has been coming to our house twice a week and it's going really well. She plays card games with my daughter, has her draw pictures and describe them, gives her simple homework. They're talking about baking a cake (she's here right now). Tatiana is both sweet and professional. I think my daughter is becoming more comfortable speaking, which is exactly what we'd hoped for. Thanks again for the suggestion, and I'd recommend Tatiana highly.

Back