Spanish victory over barbarism and violence

Choripán

Registered
The Dutch played like weenies and lost like weenies. Spain showed them that civilized football still wins. Vamos Espana!

The best team won in a terrible game of football. I did warn the other day that we could either have had a classic, or the Dutch would kick lumps out of the Spaniards... Sadly, the Dutch tactics were to kick, kick, kick...... Pleased that Spain won it.......

Liam3494 said:
The best team won in a terrible game of football. I did warn the other day that we could either have had a classic, or the Dutch would kick lumps out of the Spaniards... Sadly, the Dutch tactics were to kick, kick, kick...... Pleased that Spain won it.......

You called it for sure. "Kick, kick, kick" indeed: straight into the chest! What an embarrassing display for the Dutch. Viva Espana and civilized futbol!

the argentine commentators were not impressed with referee Howard Webb.Personally i thought he did well in very intimidating circumstances,apart from the blatant corner he didn,t give and Spain went up and scored!!!

Reactions: A&A
Webb was a non-winner all the way. He could have sent off at least two more Dutch players, one straight red in the first half for the studded assault on Alonso, and Robben should have gone for kicking the ball away.... If he had done, he would have been castigated for being too tough.

If Holland had come to play football, instead of trying to play Total Fouling, then Webb would have had little to do. and nobody would be commenting on him. Lets be fair, the Dutch can't complain, they were lucky they wern't left with seven or eight players at the end.

I agree with HowardBA, I thought the ref did quite a good job handling a rather goonish performance by the Dutch. I think the Dutch took advantage of the fact that it was a World Cup Final and the ref would not whip out Red cards too early. He was also smart to show the yellows early and often to keep guys in check, but you could tell he was being super restrained. (I have never seen so many verbal reprimands without cards).

I think if he had shown Reds (which he could have) people would have bitched about an 10 on 8 match. In the end, the better team won in a pretty crumby game. Penalties would have been a travesty.

I think the better game was yesterdays Consolation game. fun, exciting, goals, challenging play. The Final is often disappointing as teams are playing too safe.

I wanted the oranje to win but had they won on penals it would have been an huge steal.

Having a British ref does influe on the admitted violence of the game (UK football being more "physical") ? It's just a question, or was the ref silent because it's a WC final ?

Back