Specific Rentista Visa Question

NickF

Registered
I've been in Argentina the past 4 years on a rentista visa. Each year to renew it and get a valid DNI for another year, I go to migraciones and go through the steps. I have been paying someone to guide me through this process every year. No real problems, but I do have one specific question and am wondering if someone might have an answer to this....

Each year, I have been told by the person helping me that I have to have my tenants in the U.S. sign a new lease so the dates of the lease match the dates for the upcoming year. For example my visa and temporary DNI expire in September 2015 so, according t this person, I have to have the tenants sign a lease that indicates they are renting from September 2015 to September 2016. Is this really necessary?? The current lease contract they have with me reads that the year lease expires September 2015, but it also says that the lease is month to month after September 2015, they just have to give a month's notice to cancel. But the lease is still in effect even after September 2015.

For those here on a rentista visa, do you have your tenants sign a new lease every year so the lease contract matches the date of the upcoming year? Or is this unnecessary?

I would have the tenants sign a longer term lease to avoid having to do this every year, but it is no common at all for tenants to sign a lease beyond a year in the market where I am renting it.

Thanks for any advice! Would save a lot of complications not having to ask them to sign a new lease this year.

I am, but I prefer temporary residency for one more year. If I decide to stay after this last year of temporary residency, I will apply for permanent residency.

I had my tenants sign a three year "dummy" lease that they understood was just for residency purposes, that was fine. I now have pet,agent residency. But the idea of month to month lease continuation won't fly with Migraciones even tho it's a common practice in the U.S.

Back