Looking For Specific Fruits

Ceviche

Registered
Has anyone ever sighted in BA, the following fruits :-

Mulberry

Quinsy berry ( Sherbet berry/ Grewia Asiatica)

Thanks

Has anyone ever sighted in BA, the following fruits :-

Mulberry

Grewia Asiatica

Thanks

mulberry or mora can be found frozen on mercadolibre
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/comestibles/mora

You can also get blackcurrents which look pretty similar to your [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Grewia Asiatica too[/background]
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/casis#D[A:casis]

The moras grown in Argentina are not mulberries, rather they are blackberry hybrids. They grow in brambles not on trees.

They have both, brambles and mulberries. Unfortunately Actually i've never seen brambles ever in Argentina only mulberries they call both Mora as far as i know though.
If its longer and thinner than a raspberry its most likely a mulberry
I'm pretty sure the ones i got here frozen were mulberries. Although i have seen brambles in Chilean Patagonia for sale (for some reason the Argentine side supermarkets didn't have them even though they were in season.)

DQVZ86s.jpg

Brambles
RK6TIOJ.jpg

Mullberies

They are completely different, unrelated fruits. Brambles aka blackberries grow on a thorny bush, wild as a weed, all around London and whole Europe, ripening in autumn, which is why it makes sense you won't see many of them in Argentina. Mulberries grow on a big tree with no thorns. So far, I have only seen then in warmer parts of Slovakia and Hungary. Different climate as well. Very specific to Europe, don't know about America.

By the way, what would be the local Argentine version of edible weed fruit? I mean, berries that grow everywhere, wild, for everyone to eat for free? I've seen quite a few fruit-bearing plants in Reserva Ecologica, but didn't dare to taste, at least not without asking first...

By the way, what would be the local Argentine version of edible weed fruit? I mean, berries that grow everywhere, wild, for everyone to eat for free? I've seen quite a few fruit-bearing plants in Reserva Ecologica, but didn't dare to taste, at least not without asking first...
Calafates?

Stupid guys on Mercado libre dont want to do delivery. Why the hell they advertise on mercado libre.

Idiots wants 7 day notice or order more than 10 kg!

Can't even tell their address on mercado.

Crazy ass*&les

They are completely different, unrelated fruits. Brambles aka blackberries grow on a thorny bush, wild as a weed, all around London and whole Europe, ripening in autumn, which is why it makes sense you won't see many of them in Argentina. Mulberries grow on a big tree with no thorns. So far, I have only seen then in warmer parts of Slovakia and Hungary. Different climate as well. Very specific to Europe, don't know about America.

Red mulberries are native to the eastern half of the US (as far west as the state of Kansas). Black mulberries are of Chinese origin but, as stated above, are grown throughout Europe.

Both of my grandmothers (one from Illinois, one from Michigan) used to make mulberry pies and preserves. Great childhood memories of some good eats!

Back