Spent two hours in immigration at EZE today

Fiscal

Registered
Worst line I've ever seen. But, am I am idiot? I feel like I ended up virtually the last person out. Someone had to come find me while I was still in immigration to make sure I hadnt forgotten my checked in luggage. I sat near the front of the plane so I have no idea how I ended up nearly last!?

Some Tips:I pay a premium ( $20) to sit on the first 5 rows of Economy. NEVER check in luggage....:rolleyes: However the immigration lines are appalling .
There are 25 immigration stations and only at best half working.

I've had the same kind of long,long wait here, in Chile, and the US-- before I got Gobal Entry. I've also breezed through the line in all those places. It all depends what time of day your flight arrives most anywhere in the world.

It might have taken longer due to extensive whatsapp use by the Argentine immigration agents. Between sips of mate and whatsapp messages, they are willing to attend to one traveler at a time....

Really depends how lucky you are with other Arrivals. If you hit peak time it can be terrible...

I've had the same kind of long,long wait here, in Chile, and the US-- before I got Gobal Entry. I've also breezed through the line in all those places. It all depends what time of day your flight arrives most anywhere in the world.

I have been under the impression that Global Entry only helps you on the US end. Does it get you through immigration around the world? I don't recall seeing any special lines for Global Entry at EZE.

Thanks, Bob

I think that problaby there several flights which arrived almost at the same time and a lot of employees on vacation perhaps.

Back