Springtime Bolivariana . Students Revolt

Rich One

Registered
Will the student revolt in Venezuela force Maduro to step down and call for a referendum or new elections?

US: Venezuela's anti-government protests claims 'false'

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-26235789

_73049777_73049772.jpg

Leopoldo Lopez Mendoza the New opposition Leader

I think these are doomed to fail, no clear objectives (other than maduro out), he probably still holds a majority and is many years away from an election.

Venezuela should be infinitely wealthy, it isnt. No idea where all the money goes, but its its one of the last countries in the region anyone would chose to live in right now. Might it be the one country in the region jealous of Argentine politicians?

http://laiguana.tv/noticias/2014/02/11/12108/JOVEN-DETENIDO-CONFIESA-QUIEN-Y-CUANTO-LE-DIERON-PARA-GENERAR-VIOLENCIA-EN-MERIDA.html

This is not going to end well in Venezuela. Maduro has control of both the state police and the military. I read that he also brought in Cuban police to train and act like a sort of Gestapo. I don't know if that's true, but according to the Venezuelans I've seen, they say it is. It's such a shame as the Venezuelans that I have met seemed really nice and I understand it's a beautiful country. Hopefully one day things will turn around.

Not really a springtime since it's another failed putsch.
Interesting (once again, like the previous protests where about 10 people died) to note that most of the victims are pro Maduro (our so called free press hardly admits it, lol).

What would happen if in Europe or the US, some students backed up by a foreign country would start protesting, killing pro-government people, etc.? They would be shot on sight of course.

Maduro's policy is very populist indeed but he has been democratically elected (let's not forget that elections in Venezuela are much more transparent than in the US for instance).

I am not sure if he has control of the police though. I am not fully up to date but the police in Caracas was always against the Chavistas.

Ah well, probably fair game for the state agencies to kill people in the streets then, I mean that would be perfectly acceptable in Germany wouldn't it? Someone protests...shoot them. Right on.

If you are going to listen to the state media in Venezuela I recommend taking everything with several million pinches of salt. Plenty of views from citizens on Twitter where they can access it, again, reader caution advised.

I don't think anyone outside the country has a clear picture of whats going on, because the govt has censored the media, which again, would be totally fine in Germany right? No one would be bothered if the only media available was state ran? Would be grand. No?

Not really a springtime since it's another failed putsch.
Interesting (once again, like the previous protests where about 10 people died) to note that most of the victims are pro Maduro (our so called free press hardly admits it, lol).

What would happen if in Europe or the US, some students backed up by a foreign country would start protesting, killing pro-government people, etc.? They would be shot on sight of course.

Maduro's policy is very populist indeed but he has been democratically elected (let's not forget that elections in Venezuela are much more transparent than in the US for instance).

Where are you getting your information from there Frenchie? Anyone who is from Venezuela on twitter or reddit isn't spinning it that way? Again, state media is not valuable information. I'd like to read an independent source but I don't see it available.

Back