Sputnik V to be manufactured in Argentina

I am very surprised it took Argentina this long to start production, considering that Brazil has been manufacturing Sinovac since last year and AstraZeneca since February, and that is with Bolsonaro and all.

I am very surprised it took Argentina this long to start production, considering that Brazil has been manufacturing Sinovac since last year and AstraZeneca since February, and that is with Bolsonaro and all.

Really? it's complicated

Really? it's complicated
Plus, Argentina has been producing Oxford / Astra-Zeneca since January I believe. It's more surprising that Brazil has taken so long to produce vaccine, that it's producing a copy of a comparatively poorly-performing vaccine as well, and even more so that a world-renowned institute like the Butantan has taken so long to develop its own vaccine. That is some serious underperformance on the part of Brazil.

What are Argentina's capabilities for manufacturing vaccines? very impressive they can do this given how hard it was for the US to do it after giving manufacturers billions of dollars.

pretty good. thousands of medicines in Argentina are locally manufactured unlike USA where its mostly imported.
I expect the vaccine here to be top notch just like everything else manufactured in Argentina.

I expect the vaccine here to be top notch just like everything else manufactured in Argentina.
I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or really mean it? Never had any issue , using any Argentine made medicine or any locally made product ever.

Back