Starting a life in BA

Before starting a small local business get an expert on Labor Law to learn what you are up against. Terminating a disgruntled employee may force you to pull down the curtain.
That depends on whether you terminate him or terminate him.

Well, yeah, but, other side of the coin - imagine the ration of squishy mierda you will get from your wife when you inform her that instead of hiring her lazy, incompetent boludo of a baby brother, you're going to hire someone who actually knows his hand from a hacksaw.
if that were to happen she wouldn't be my wife :)

Other people aren't being flippant; if you can't earn in dollars remotely (CAD or USD) or in pesos pegged to dollars, you're not going to want to live here. The average wage in Argentina is less than $500 USD/month, and the minimum wage is $1.91 CAD an hour. People in Canada are worried about 7% inflation and $30 meat at Loblaws when it's 50.9% inflation and $90 meat in purchasing power parity terms for Argentines.

I was living in Canada before moving here to be with my husband, but I work in tech and index what I charge my clients in dollars. If I didn't I'd be struggling like 90% of the Argentines you'll meet.
The minimum wage in BA is $1.91CAD, or $1.50USD per hour? I assume there's an exception for salaried pay because I make less than $1.5USD per hour.

Eh, people digital nomad here doing border runs every 6 months.
Given the present regulation/conditions of the tourist visa, a "digital nomad" (like most tourists) would be able to extend their first "three months" toursit permit once at the office of migraciones in Retrio. After that, they would have to make a "border run" (which I do not advise) every three months in order to (hopefully) get a new three month tourist permit

While it has been proposed, the six month "digital nomad" visa does not yet exist. If and when it does, it will not be posible to get a new six month digital nomad visa by making a border run. Though the proceedure has not yet been sepecified, the digital nomad who wants to stay longer than six month would have to be enrolled in the fulll year program, which would subject them to (IMO) crippling regulation and taxation.

Back