Starting Citizenship Process for Argentina

Brian_is_here

Registered
Anyone familiar with starting the citizenship process for Argentina? I'm in Entre Rios.

I see these requirement:
- 2 anios de residencia en el pais
- partida de nacimiento legalizada
- certificado de vecindad (policia)
- certificado de buena conducta (departamental)
- fotocopia dni
- partida de nacim de hijos
- acreditar solvencia economica
- certificado de fbi apostillado

Really the complex thing here is the acreditar solvencia economica. I've held PR in Argentina since 2018 so I'm all good on that front. I got the FBI report, my birth certificate, DNI, kids birth certificates. What i need is the 2 certificados for Policia and Entre Rios.

I own a property in Buenos Aires we're currently renting to family, will the rental contract for that be sufficient? Is there like a published minimum we should be aware of?

Also anyone aware of what the time lines are?

I own a property in Buenos Aires we're currently renting to family, will the rental contract for that be sufficient? Is there like a published minimum we should be aware of?

Also anyone aware of what the time lines are?

Yes that should ok, just get a public contador to issue you a certificate showing the income from the rental property as well...

There is a Huuuuge (and I mean Huuuuuuuuuuuuge ) amount of information already here on BAExpats on this subject, all you have to do is search for it. Perhaps @admin would consider making some of the threads "sticky threads" or better still migrating them to their own Residency and Citizenship section of the forum. In the meantime, if you use the search facility on words and phrases pulled from your post (above), you will find almost all you could possibly want to know.

Is there like a published minimum we should be aware of?

I've never heard of a "published" minimum, but I can imagine that the amount of the income should be enough to "live" on without turnig to a life of crime...at least in the judge's opinon.

Yes that should ok, just get a public contador to issue you a certificate showing the income from the rental property as well...
Based on my own experience, for a public cotador to write a letter certifying income, they may need to provide "evidence" of the actual receipt of the income.

In 2011 I provided several months of US ATM receipts and bank statements as proof of my monthly income. The accountant referred to them specifically, as well as the well-documented (apostilled) source of my income in the letter.

Simply showing a signed lease may not be enough for the accountant to certify rental income. The accountant may ask if the rental contract has been registered with AFIP in the "Real Estate Operations Registry" (I do not know the current threshold, so you might want to take this into account when providing a copy of the contract).

Even if the contract is not required to be registered, the accountant will likely ask for more than a copy of the contract. If you've been depositing earnings into an Argentine bank account (or are starting to do so now), the accountant should be able to "certify" the earnings, sooner or later.

I had a friend -- who is a contador -- issue me the certificate with the attached statements from my bank account here in Argentina, where I receive money via WU. And it seems to have worked. I wouldn't worry about it. But yes, if your wife has an easy local income to demonstrate just go via her and claim she is supporting you:).

I had a friend -- who is a contador -- issue me the certificate with the attached statements from my bank account here in Argentina, where I receive money via WU. And it seems to have worked. I wouldn't worry about it.

Neither you or I had to "worry" about getting an accountant to certify our income because it was en blanco and we had paper trails showing how we received the funds. You didn't mention it, but I'm guessing that, like mine, your letter also specified the source of the funds.

Bajo_cero2 has posted that an applicant for citizenship needs to demonstrate an "honest means of living" and that their income could actually be en negro. I think the example he gave was an individual who was working in the "sex industry" (though he may have used a different expression).

I wonder if any of the judges deciding the citizenship cases would rule that undeclared rents from an unregistered lease (which might be a criminal act?) constitute an "honest" means of living. Perhaps Dr. Rubliar can provide an answer.
"
I also wonder if an accountant who wants to stay on the "right side" of AFIP would be willing to "certify" income was being received without being able to show a paper trail (which is why I suggested depositing the rental income in a bank account for at least a couple months).

It probably wouldn't hurt to ask...

But yes, if your wife has an easy local income to demonstrate just go via her and claim she is supporting you:).

Agreed, 100%!!

Neither you or I had to "worry" about getting an accountant to certify our income because it was en blanco and we had paper trails showing how we received the funds. You didn't mention it, but I'm guessing that, like mine, your letter also specified the source of the funds.

Bajo_cero2 has posted that an applicant for citizenship needs to demonstrate an "honest means of living" and that their income could actually be en negro. I think the example he gave was an individual who was working in the "sex industry" (though he may have used a different expression).

I wonder if any of the judges deciding the citizenship cases would rule that undeclared rents from an unregistered lease (which might be a criminal act?) constitute an "honest" means of living. Perhaps Dr. Rubliar can provide an answer.
"
I also wonder if an accountant who wants to stay on the "right side" of AFIP would be willing to "certify" income was being received without being able to show a paper trail (which is why I suggested depositing the rental income in a bank account for at least a couple months).

It probably wouldn't hurt to ask...

Agreed, 100%!!
You are worried about municipal law, citizenship is international private law.

What is the benefit of Argentinian citizenship if you already have permanent residency?

Back