Starting My Vegetable Garden With As Little Work As Possible

LOLOL thanks for the tip ajo and ghost. Do you know if they are already dried out at the race track or if I will have to dry them myself? Why can't there just be a big source of free dry grass clippings somewhere... geez there's a lot missing in this city.
What you get at the race track is horse manure mixed with straw. [not so good for transport on the train]

Where do you live Lucha?

I'm coming to BA on the 4th (will go to Esmeralda, then Juncal, then Uruguay, then Belgrano) so I can drop a bag of straw mixed with dried grass if you're on the way (won't have much time as usual)

I would stay away from horse manure unless it's been cooled down already.(takes a long time and a lot of space to cool down)
If you use it straight from the ''source'' it's gonna be to hot and will kill your seeds,same goes to chicken manure ojito eh?
Frenchie,yes I will come to take the melons you are not gonna eat since your production will be to much for you !!!!( of course as a favor to you from me,so you owe me one) ;)

You mean....... out loud??? Can we do that??
Frenchie might wanna keep the quality of his melons a secret!!! ssshhhhh :p

I would stay away from horse manure unless it's been cooled down already.(takes a long time and a lot of space to cool down)
If you use it straight from the ''source'' it's gonna be to hot and will kill your seeds,same goes to chicken manure ojito eh?
Frenchie,yes I will come to take the melons you are not gonna eat since your production will be to much for you !!!!( of course as a favor to you from me,so you owe me one) ;)

I'm going to have 50 or 60 seeds of "melon de cavaillon" (the one French people eat in South of France).
I can mail you some if you wish, otherwise we'll party soon anyway :p

2079_1.jpg

Is that accurate color....wow. I'll be getting some seeds.
Beware of Mrs Possum, she takes one bite out 5 or six melons and ruins your harvest.
Time to employ lead poisoning for possums.

http://francerevisited.com/2010/07/savoring-provence-the-charentais-of-cavaillon-a-succulent-superstar-of-a-melon/

Back