Starting The Process

cruizes

Registered
I am starting the procedure of applying for a pensioner residency visa (rentista) in buenos aires. I rent my apartment that is inclusive of all utilities and local phone service. The only thing I have with my local address is the apartment lease that is in my name, and that is in English. Does anyone know if this would be enough? Thanks.

I am starting the procedure of applying for a pensioner residency visa (rentista) in buenos aires. I rent my apartment that is inclusive of all utilities and local phone service. The only thing I have with my local address is the apartment lease that is in my name, and that is in English. Does anyone know if this would be enough? Thanks.

Enough for what?

A certificado de domicilio to prove where you live? I don't think a lease in English is enough. If you don't have a lease in Spanish it isn't legal. Since you are a foreigner, the landlord should have provided both when you signed the lease.

PS: The "pensioner" and the visa "rentista" are actually different, but both require foreign income.

The "pensioner" visa requires retirement income and the "rentista" requires investment income.

Cruises, with all respect, either I misunderstand your post or you seem to be more than a little confused about the residency stuff. It is confusing enough for people who have been thinking and researching the process longer than you, and the rules of the game are constantly changing. I strongly reccomend you seek the services of an immigration lawyer, or at least a friend who has already done this. It is a path wrought with obstacles. Regarding the rentista category you will need a signed, notarized, apostiiled and legally translated lease from your residence in the US that you have leased outt, (if that's what you are referring to). And it needs to show you are receiving a rental income of at least $2500/month with deposit verification from your bank. And you will need to show a valid rental agreement for each subsequent year of your three years of temporary residency...etc.etc! (On my lawyers reccomendation I had a three year lease drawn up just for this purpose)!
I'm happy to share my lawyers contact info if you want to send me a pm. Others on this forum have provided their lawyers names if you do a search. Best of luck and stay patient!

Back