Status of DNI processing

Well my family and I have been here for over a year now, and we're all still waitimg for our DNIs. From what I understand, the initial DNI takes a lot longer if you live in the suburbs vs. In town(Capital Federal). The renew process is quicker, but like myself, others here in the Martinez area have been waiting for a long time for the initial. So if you move into any suburban area, try to utilize an address from in town if possible. Friends of ours did it who arrived 2 weeks prior to us, and had all of theirs within 2 months.

HowardinBA said:
I waited 20 months for my original,in San isidro

Wow, 4 months after that and you can get your citizenship. Then go apply for the DNI again and wait another 20. ;)

Having just reapplied for my new DNI(I have residency)I was told it will take 4-6 months,due to being a foreigner,for the locals they calculate 15 days,,,go figure!!

When we got our daughter's Argentine passport and DNI, it was quick and simple. We went in and were directed to the right window. Then we paid and went to the other side of the hall to fill out any information they needed and get her picture and fingerprints done.

The whole thing only took 15 minutes and that includes a good 7 or 8 minutes trying to get good fingerprints from a 5 months old.

Both documents were delivered within 10 days.

I imagine that it would be worse for foreigners trying to do anything, but in two years I have noticed a lot of changes in the system here that have been for the better.

nicoenarg said:
Wow, 4 months after that and you can get your citizenship. Then go apply for the DNI again and wait another 20. ;)

Once granted citizenship you are no longer a foreigner...and (according to Howard) should be able to get the DNI in about 15 days.

If I am granted citizenship, I'll obviously need a new DNI, so we'll see how long it takes under those circumstances.

I've been waiting since december and those fuckers at Santander Río have threatened to close my account if I don't give them a copy of my DNI (I already gave them a copy of the boleta pre numerada - the one you get when you initiate the tramit -, a screen capture of the online status "En producción" - which means it was approved and is being made - and a copy of my one year residency certificate).

Back