Steak restaurants

I agree with the poster above. I love Siga la Vaca (follow the Cow)
Its an all you can eat parilla restuarant. My wife is not a fan of the eat til you drop mentality. But i love it.

Cabreas are now a traditional place in Palermo, even all those inconveniences, like be waiting for a table, or maybe bad days with the service, still a very good place for eat!!
Not really a fan of Siga La Vaca, it is just a cheap place in Puerto Madero, a real big tourist tramp, not my cup of tea.
BTW, nobody went to Kansas? it is very american? yes, do you need to wait if you arrive after 7:30PM? yes, but steaks are big and delicious, you could taste a real sunday HOT fudge, service is just EXCELLENT, and prices are not bad at all. Plus, I always go for a walk to the slots machines at the Hipodrodomo de Plalermo, spent a couple of pesos and after home :)

Thumbs down for Siga la vaca and Cabrera. Down the street from Cabrera is Lo de Jesus which has tasty steaks, classic parilla atmosphere, but the manager doesn't smile and only speaks English to even those of us who use our spanish.... Thumbs down for for Cabana Las Lilas in Puerto Madero. I second both Mirasol in Puerto Madero or in Recoleta under freeway. I also second Establo. Both Establo and Mirasol are pricey but every juicy bite makes it worth it. And if you are getting 6:1 well then that's one free meal in either place with every $500 USD changed;-)

I just read the reviews from the restaurants you recommended and that I have not been to yet, and still La Cabrera just seem to get better reviews. But i will try Establo and return with my review. (I must say my main focus is on the steak and not the service or vine, I know how to pick a good wine and I dont think any of the restaurants dosent have a good wine, if you just know what to choose).

I like to take visiting co-workers to Cabrera. It's an entertaining place, the food presentation is impressive, and the quality pretty good. Also, they generally pay on an expense account, which makes it better.

If I am paying and I want to go to a parilla, I prefer Sigue La Vaca. I have never been to the one in Puerto Madero, but the ones in San Isidro and Pilar are pretty good, you can pick what you want, and eat how much you want of it.

So I just came back from Establo and that is a nice restaurant, I had the Bife de chorizo and ojo de bife.
My point with this thread was to find the best steak in B.A. If you are going for the full package then I would go to Establo, but the steak is not better than La cabreras, but is at best just as good, I guess you get to a point where the steak just cant be made better and then you start judging the restaurant by service, amount of tourist and so on. So if you are just going for the best steak Establo and La cabreras are a very good bid.. :)

Went to La Brigada last night. The steak was lomo was top class, haven't been to a parilla in about two months, so maybe it was as good as all the others but it was very pleasing! On the bad side it was too expensive ($110 for lomo with pimienta) and the atmosphere was a bit lacking. I prefer a place where you can see the parilla

I've been to some great places in the past. I don't know if it's just me and my family, but quality of meat and cooking has gone down as prices have gone up. I'm sure there's still great quality out there, but we have our Sunday asados at home now. :p

Back