Steve Jobs - RIP

I saw a great tweet about Jobs.

It said that:

"the fact that most everyone in the World learned of his death on a product that he created is a direct tribute to his amazing life and creations"

I was reading the news on my iPad when a news notice popped up. I then texted my wife to her iPhone from my iPhone.

@Amargo

Fair enough some great people don't get the recognition they deserve but thats certainly not a reason to hold a grudge to the ones that do.

I think your lack of vision somewhat blinds you. When Steve Jobs created that first apple mac in his parents garage do you think that his innovation was driven by how much money he can make out of it? I some how think not. His passion and love in life eventually brought him great success and theres nothing wrong in that.

I've worked with apple products for 8 years and I can assure you they are high quality working tools for me. My old boss even worked with Steve Jobs designing the Final cut pro interface. The man was a visionary and an inspirational figure. His innovation is key to my business. My business produced videos which gained investment for poor countries like Sierra Leone, several schools were built, hospitals improved, transport infrastructure and so on. All those videos were created using Apple's tools. I don't idolise the man but I see him as an inspiration and have a lot of respect for him.

With that said how has User "Amargo" of BAexpats contributed to the world? Please enlighten us

Like someone said a few posts up, i don't own any apple products or have any need for them but this guy was inspiring

Amazing what you can do if you take a picture of Wikipedia the second you edit it. The article even has a banner at the top saying not to trust the info due to the recent death.

89QVf.jpg

One of my contacts in Facebook, some moments after the news about Jobs hit the Net:

"iChau"

Richard Szkiler said:
I think your lack of vision somewhat blinds you. When Steve Jobs created that first apple mac in his parents garage do you think that his innovation was driven by how much money he can make out of it? I some how think not. His passion and love in life eventually brought him great success and theres nothing wrong in that.

Its sad that someone who pushed great engineers to innovate has gone, but Steve Jobs was not a nice man.

He refused to acknowledge the paternity of one of his children claiming he was sterile. The mother had to collect welfare.

When he regained control of Apple, he shut down all of their charitable work. Fair enough that Apple was losing ridiculous amounts of money at the time but he never restarted it once they became profitable again.

He regularly parked in disabled spots at Apple even though he could have just designated a spot for himself.

It was Steve Wozniak who created the Apple I and Apple II. Without him Steve Jobs probably wouldn't have got to where he got to. Yet he still was a twat to him.
He Ripped off Wozniak when they were very young, then went on to stop various companies from working with Wozniak and his new universal remote control. Lately he even fired a Apple Engineer after he showed Steve Wozniak (an apple employee) the new ipad.

Its very sad when someone loses their life to cancer but people need to remember that the man himself was not a particluarly nice man.
Although i doubt you get to become a CEO of a huge corporation by being a nice person.

@Richard Szkiler, you don't know me and probably never will, but I can assure you that compared to the total of money I have, I have done for others much more than Mr. Jobs did. In contrast to him, I won't use this for marketing purposes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't hate S. Jobs, but I believe he did nothing for this World compared to the means he had. Most of his products were technologically just average or weak, but the huge amounts of money he spent in marketing convinced many they were buying cutting-edge technology.

Even his death is a huge event. This is the modern propaganda we are subject to. Take off your glasses.

His company also employed slave workers for producing cheap - this reductions of manufacturing costs landed directly into his pockets. The users kept paying huge prices.
He was indeed a visionary...his vision was to become rich.

Whilst at the same time stealing the limelight from the real innovators, designers and engineers at apple.

The fact that Jonathan Ive and Steve Wozniak are not as well known as they should be is a crying shame!

Richard Stallman who has done so much more for computing said this about Steve Jobs passing

"Steve Jobs, the pioneer of the computer as a jail made cool, designed to sever fools from their freedom, has died.
As Chicago Mayor Harold Washington said of the corrupt former Mayor Daley, "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone." Nobody deserves to have to die - not Jobs, not Mr. Bill, not even people guilty of bigger evils than theirs. But we all deserve the end of Jobs' malign influence on people's computing.
Unfortunately, that influence continues despite his absence. We can only hope his successors, as they attempt to carry on his legacy, will be less effective."
Link

I think this thread is supposed to say nice things and not to have a discussion about the fundamentals of capitalism.
Entonces, I want to share a wonderful quote from Steve Jobs in which you maybe also see yourself:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MilHojas Articles 20
ghost Expat Life 2
nikad Expat Life 11
realisateur Culture 0
B Expat Life 0
Back