Stimulus check

Cristian77

Registered
Hi, I have been waiting for the stimulus check, but no news so far. It has been impossible to contact the IRS. Does anybody know how to get the money?

No stimulus here? just a deception..!
I called the 2 IRS numbers for Taxpayers Abroad and another phone number . In both cases an IRS rep told me in May that SSA recipients via bank transfer need take NO action.. The check will come? Just WATCH your bank account balance..!!
I rest my case and forget all other options ..

No stimulus here? just a deception..!
I called the 2 IRS numbers for Taxpayers Abroad and another phone number . In both cases an IRS rep told me in May that SSA recipients via bank transfer need take NO action.. The check will come? Just WATCH your bank account balance..!!
I rest my case and forget all other options ..
I called IRS and they said they sent a check, because I haven't provided any bank account information. They sent it on May 1st. It has not arrived yet!

I called IRS and they said they sent a check, because I haven't provided any bank account information. They sent it on May 1st. It has not arrived yet!
This info assumes you expect the IRS to mail / of mailed your check to a foreign address (e.g. Argentina).
The USPS is returning mail to sender for a large number of foreign addresses. Argentina is one of those countries.
For checks that the IRS has reported to of been mailed out, after 9 weeks time from the IRS mail date a Stimulus Check recipient can call in and request a mail trace. The IRS will initiate a mail trace, which can then take up to 6 weeks to complete the trace and notify.
**From personal experience, the best thing you can do is contact the IRS, change your address on file to a US address where you can receive mail. When the IRS recognizes the returned check an agent told me they will re-send to the latest address on file.

Has the check arrived for you yet?? what other work did you do to get it? or what are you doing now to obtain it?
thank you
Walt

The Irs changed the message on its website. Instead of announcing that they sent me the check, they asked for a bank account number in the US. I provided that number, and they transferred me the money.

I can confim that stimulus cheque direct deposit has come in for a lot of those who were waiting for the never arriving cheques today Jul 29.

Have a look in your accounts, today may be your day.

Good luck all!

I can confim that stimulus cheque direct deposit has come in for a lot of those who were waiting for the never arriving cheques today Jul 29.
Have a look in your accounts, today may be your day.
Good luck all!
Thank you....mine posted to my US Bank account today. Also looks like there will be a 2nd stimulus check in August.
There is another thread on the same subject: CARES payments for US citizens lost cause if you are in Argentina?

Has the check arrived for you yet?? what other work did you do to get it? or what are you doing now to obtain it?
thank you
Walt
YES....and I didn't do anything!!! I assume they obtained my US bank account number from the SSA.

Back