Strange Customs Experience Crossing Private Boat To Carmelo

Why not, take the trip back to UR but this time by BuqueBus ? Much cheaper than doing the trip to Chile, unless you wanting to do some turist activity.?

She NEVER said the cost was her concern. She went with some friends on a day trip and she ran into some red tape. She's now in Argentina with no entry stamp despite having done things legally. She's afraid the migraciones people will think she entered illegally. It's a very legitimate concern. Please read properly before posting advice.

OP Your only option seems to be to get them all together and go get your stamp.

LOL thanks guys the poor responder doesn't get it, if I go to Buquebus I don't have an entry stamp and that's a problem. Was thinking about a mid-year trip to Chile to visit friends, do some shopping and another visa run anyway. Waiting on the uncle to let us know when we can go back to prefectura together; hopefully it's smooth sailing (no pun intended!) and they don't give us shit for taking too long to go back. (and that they don't lose the roll while they're at it - I wouldn't put it passed them). I will post an update when I get this freakin stamp.

If you cannot fix it, then the only 2 options are to apply for citizenship or to have a child born here. To marry doesn´t entitle yoy to get permanent residency if you have an illegal entry. And they give it only to the mother after a looooooong case.

CAPITULO II
DE LOS IMPEDIMENTOS
ARTICULO 29. — Serán causas impedientes del ingreso y permanencia de extranjeros al Territorio Nacional:

i) Intentar ingresar o haber ingresado al Territorio Nacional eludiendo el control migratorio o por lugar o en horario no habilitados al efecto;

I have a lot of friends with boats and everyone on the roll needs to be present to get stamps at prefectura. Your boat owner friends know this and should be happy to go with you to the prefectura. You are supposed (everyone) to do it right away............

Get married? Have a baby? Catch a boat to Istanbul?
All seems a tad drastic because of a rubber stamp.
Best idea: get all your mates together again, do the roll call, get the rubber stamps, find a nice restaurant in San Isidro, order a lovely meal, get wildly drunk, laugh your socks off, go home, job done!

Once back in the day I entered the country sort of unwittingly without getting an entry stamp. It was my first time crossing from Villazón to La Quiaca and in the chaos I got confused as to where the actual border control office was. Since it was cold and late, Mrs Rooney had zero desire to go back and wait in line, so we skipped it. Turns out the controls are so lax, that the only folks that queue up are the non-mercosur folks that need a stamp, so on our next trip to Bolivia, I just skipped the exit stamp as well and re-entered as if nothing had happened. Of course there is a hole in my immigration record of entries and exits, but no one has seemed to notice thus far (it's been 7 yrs or so).

If you want to do something of the sort I'd avoid Chile and most of Uruguay, where they seem to be more persnickety than Bolivia and Paraguay.

Yes, BUT (a big but), there is something called "north shield". It is a gendarmería strategy to control ilegal trafficking of people. It is imposible to control the border, so they control the roads. If they cach you without your entry stamp you go to jail straight even this is illegal, and deported later. One of my clients tried to do this and he spent One Month in a federal facilitie in Oran, Salta. Deportation was stop because he has a citizenship case on.

Back