Strange Thing I Saw Today On Autopista? Why Here?

jbhenson

Registered
While driving on the Autopista today, I saw a brand new M1 Abrams tank, my question is why?

Why is it here?

And if it is here because of the supposed threat, how did they get it here so fast?

Its here for training troops is the most logical reason, most likely we will see more in the future, but why?

Tanks don't work well for "terrorist" so why is it here?

So whats the real reason a 9 million dollar peace of war machinery is in such a peaceful country like Argentina?

I come from a city in the US that has a county sheriff. his name is sheriff joe. he receives a lot of outside money for his election campaigns because of his "tough on crime" ways. he has a tent city for criminals that reaches 120 degrees in the summer while making them wear pink underware. everytime he has a new tough on crime publicity stun like finding a drug stash house, he has a tank brought in to place in the background for television purposes. maybe somebody is trying to use sheriff joe ideas and plans to show they are tough on crime. just a thought. by the way ole sheriff has cost the county 41,000.000.00 in lawsuits for everything to cruelty to discrimination.

Are you sure it was an M1?

I think its more likely it was a Tanque Argentino Mediano.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanque_Argentino_Mediano

Aside from the USA, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait have M1s in their militaries.
Argentina does not, and, while its vaguely possible there is one here for some kind of evaluation, its much more likely you saw a TAM.
Argentina has around 200 of those, and they are Industria Argentina.

Very likely a remanufactued TAM.
Argentina designed those back in the 80s, when the country still dreamed about rolling their armies over the pampas and annexing Southern Brazil. Brazil responded with the EE-T1 Osorio.
The "good old days" of the South Cone arms race. I miss those times...not!.

I come from a city in the US that has a county sheriff. his name is sheriff joe. he receives a lot of outside money for his election campaigns because of his "tough on crime" ways. he has a tent city for criminals that reaches 120 degrees in the summer while making them wear pink underware. everytime he has a new tough on crime publicity stun like finding a drug stash house, he has a tank brought in to place in the background for television purposes. maybe somebody is trying to use sheriff joe ideas and plans to show they are tough on crime. just a thought. by the way ole sheriff has cost the county 41,000.000.00 in lawsuits for everything to cruelty to discrimination.
Very familiar with this politician, he uses every ploy to get re-elected. Dont you know hes also investigating President Obama for fraud too? He uses anything he thinks will get him re-elected to try to gain votes this includes the media. Meanwhile wasting tax payers dollars on stupid things.

I am very good at military vehicle identification, especially after serving time in combat, and doing some time training others to identify various American and Russian made vehicles as well.

There is no mistaking the M1 Abrams. except for maybe the M1A2 Abrams.

Yes it was an abrams, I would bet on it!

Are you sure it was an M1?

I think its more likely it was a Tanque Argentino Mediano.
https://en.wikipedia...gentino_Mediano

Aside from the USA, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait have M1s in their militaries.
Argentina does not, and, while its vaguely possible there is one here for some kind of evaluation, its much more likely you saw a TAM.
Argentina has around 200 of those, and they are Industria Argentina.

Nope M1A1 or A2 tank, no mistake.

Maybe Argentina made some deals to procure some!

Odd how the President is now stating so many threats when there were none against Christina isn't it?

Why all of a sudden now?

If Argentina was procuring Abram tanks, the specialized publications in South America would be buzzing with the news. There is not a single mention of it anywhere.
Also, such acquisition would make no sense. Argentina has no money to buy diesel to power its modest TAMs. To think they would have money to fuel the turbine powered, gas guzzling M1 Abrams is just beyond realistic.
Finally, due to geography, the only country Argentina could engage in armored warfare with is...Brazil.
So, if you really saw a M1 Abrams, maybe it was a replica, a movie prop or something along those lines.

Just in case, this is what a TAM looks like.

If Argentina was procuring Abram tanks, the specialized publications in South America would be buzzing with the news. There is not a single mention of it anywhere.
Also, such acquisition would make no sense. Argentina has no money to buy diesel to power its modest TAMs. To think they would have money to fuel the turbine powered, gas guzzling M1 Abrams is just beyond realistic.
Finally, due to geography, the only country Argentina could engage in armored warfare with is...Brazil.
So, if you really saw a M1 Abrams, maybe it was a replica, a movie prop or something along those lines.

Just in case, this is what a TAM looks like.

Ive seen stranger things in my life.

I saw enough M1s in combat, and I have seen the Argentine tank. No way to confuse them.

with the support and other things I saw on the truck hauling it. Did not look like a prop to me.

The question isnt what it was, there is no mistake. The question is why?

Its a heavy Tank, large, fast, and Argentinas is a medium tank. Smaller and slower. so again why?

Is the US opening a base here?
Why would the President and vice president of the US and other higher ups come here lately, in person?
They want something. Or want to protect something in the future?

Back