Streets And Siewalks

John Doe

Registered
I can't help but wonder why so many sidewalks in the Retiro barrio are being made wider and the streets are becoming narrower? Much needed parking spaces are being eliminated and truck drivers will have a real challenge as to where to park, when making deliveries These streets see little pedestrian traffic.
C/ Arroyo - Av Carlos P to Esmeralda, C/ Juncal - del Lib to Esmeralda C/ Suipacha - Santa Fe to del Lib, .

I can't help but wonder why so many sidewalks in the Retiro barrio are being made wider and the streets are becoming narrower? Much needed parking spaces are being eliminated and truck drivers will have a real challenge as to where to park, when making deliveries These streets see little pedestrian traffic.
C/ Arroyo - Av Carlos P to Esmeralda, C/ Juncal - del Lib to Esmeralda C/ Suipacha - Santa Fe to del Lib, .
The city govt wants the downtown to be mainly pedestrian

I think it's a marvelous initiative. I read that starting sometime next year, Corrientes from Callao to 9 de Julio will be pedestrian (except for a small part that will be reserved for public transportation) http://www.ambito.com/890370-av-corrientes-sera-peatonal-de-noche

The one thing I don't miss is a car. Parking it, maintaining it, fixing it, insuring it.. ugh. I hope I never need to buy one again.

Some things look good on paper, but not in reality. This doesn't look good on paper.
Is everyone supposed to travel from where they are to where they want to go by public transportation?.How many more buses and trains will be needed? What about taxis?
What will be accomplished by closing Corrientes at night? How will trucks be able to make deliveries? Are the "Bon Viivants"' going to give up their Mercedes and suvs for Sube cards?

I have been really happy with this, myself. I dont own a car in BsAs, and have found that the pedestrian streets in the microcento have exactly zero negative effect on the subte or collectivos, which I take all the time. The Bon Vivants are up in San Isidro, they are not on LaValle. Personally, I will stroll on Corrientes at night, when making my round of the pizzerias there, none of which are frequented by the Mercedes crowd, which is why I like them.
Burger 54, up there in Martinez, has plenty of parking in the lot out front for those beautiful people, with their louis vuitton handbags and rolex watches.
Hopefully this will make them stay up there.

Burger 54, up there in Martinez, has plenty of parking in the lot out front

I like Burger 54. You get a good hamburger there and the chain is run by the people who own Kansas so you are always guaranteed a decent caesar salad. The parking lot is quite inadequate so I suspect you have never been there. Give it a try, you might be surprised.

I like Burger 54. You get a good hamburger there and the chain is run by the people who own Kansas so you are always guaranteed a decent caesar salad. The parking lot is quite inadequate so I suspect you have never been there. Give it a try, you might be surprised.

I have been there. I have gone with a friend who parked in the parking lot.
It sucked. It was a pale imitation of a US burger chain, complete with too sweet ketchup, plastic trays, and tasteless patties.
I will go to Dellepiane, the burgers are far superior, the beer is good and local, and the fries are some of the best in Buenos Aires. They have a DJ who plays Fanky.
And there are no $300 strollers.

I have been really happy with this, myself. I dont own a car in BsAs, and have found that the pedestrian streets in the microcento have exactly zero negative effect on the subte or collectivos, which I take all the time. The Bon Vivants are up in San Isidro, they are not on LaValle. Personally, I will stroll on Corrientes at night, when making my round of the pizzerias there, none of which are frequented by the Mercedes crowd, which is why I like them.
Burger 54, up there in Martinez, has plenty of parking in the lot out front for those beautiful people, with their louis vuitton handbags and rolex watches.
Hopefully this will make them stay up there.

Great post haha, got quite the chuckle out of me :lol:

Back