Student Visa question

nickname303

Registered
Hi everyone. Just a brief doubt: My visa expired this last week meaning I'm in the country with an expired tourist visa. At the same time I'm looking to apply for a student visa with the ministry of education. Should I expect any trouble getting the Student Visa with an expired tourist Visa? Are there any measure I should take to rectify the situation before applying?

Thanks in advance!

Nico

Hi there. I don't know if you will have trouble obtaining a student visa if your tourist visa has run out in the process. I suspect they will make you pay the amount it costs to renew your tourist visa. Or you could just go to migrations and renew it to avoid the problem if you are not super strapped on cash. If you need any help with the process of getting your student visa I would love to have a conversation about it. I went through the process about 4 years ago and it's full of dismaying discoveries that frequently seem impossible to resolve, so if you run into trouble let me know. For one thing, depending on where you are planning to study (private or public), the Ministry of Education might not be the place to start.

nuitzangaro! I don't know how I missed your post! I am indeed still looking to get my student visa and was interested to hear of others' experiences. Could you perhaps share difficulties you faced? In my case, I'm working through the CBC with the ultimate goal of studying psychology at the UBA. To date, the major stumbling block has been getting my high school diploma certified, but nothing insurmountable. Care to share? Thanks!!!!!

Back