Student Visa Questions

nickname303

Registered
Greetings Expats!

My questions concerns the student visa. Perhaps some of you out there have gone through the process of obtaining the visa and would care to share your experiences? To be precise, I'm looking to get the visa in order to study psychology (licenciatura) at the UBA. So far, the major stumbling block has been getting my high school diploma accredited (I'm from the good ol USA). Any tips are welcome!!

many thanks!

Nick

Call the argentine embassy for advise if you are still in the US?

Hi Nick,

I am moving to buenos aires in a few weeks to begin my masters degree and can send you a list of all the documents and certifications you will need. Send me a private message and ill forward you the list of what you'll need!

Sarah

My questions concerns the student visa. Perhaps some of you out there have gone through the process of obtaining the visa and would care to share your experiences?

Some already have:

Click on the sprocket to the right of the search box above to access the advanced search.

Enter the words student visa and seach only in titles (in the dropdown menu)...and you will find links to over a dozen threads on the subject.

If you go to the migraciones website http://www.migracion...osur_temporaria you will find the requirements, but you have to click on "academic visa" in the English version to see the requirements for the student visa:

STUDENTS REQUIREMENTS

DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT:

IDENTITY: Identity Card, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship with photo, originals. These documents must be in force and in good condition and submitted with a full set of copies including blank pages.

ERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS Issued by the National Registry of Reoffend, or Federal Police. Only requires to those over 16 years.

CERTIFICATE OF LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD issued by the competent authorities of the countries where they have resided for a period exceeding ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years. Only requires to those over 16 (sixteen) years.

AFFIDAVIT of lack of criminal record in other countries (it will be produce in migration at the time of application for residence). e) ENTRY. Country entry seal stamped to a travel document or migration card.

CERTIFICATE OF DOMICILE OR AN INVOICE OF ANY PUBLIC SERVICE WITH YOUR NAME (ABL, electricity, water or gas)

Settling tax: NON MERCOSUR TEMPORARY $ 600 TRANSITIONAL $ 300

TWO 4X4 COLOR PHOTOS (It must be current, taken from the front, half bust, with the head completely uncovered, color, white even background, allowing appreciate faithfully and in all its fullness the holder's facial features when manage the procedure).

FORMAL STUDENT MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION AND ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.

FORMAL STUDENT MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION (ONLY IF THE COURSE IS LONGER THAN 6 (SIX) MONTHS) AND ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.

EXCHANGE STUDENT, MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION (ONLY IF THE COURSE IS LONGER THAN 6 (SIX) MONTHS). ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE, EXCHANGE STUDENT PROGRAM BETWEEN THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS.

PARTIAL STUDENT MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION (ONLY IF THE COURSE IS LONGER THAN 6 (SIX) MONTHS). ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.

MINORS: Foreigners, who were under eighteen (18) years, must have authorization from a parent who must turn up at the time of the procedure with national identity card in force and birth certificate legalized that proves the family relationship. To be authorized for such purposes, the same shall be signed by competent authority. In the event that the child's parents do not reside in the National Territory, the child must have an appointed guardian, who must prove legal residence in the country and demonstrate to the public document his appointment as guardian of the child. These documents (birth certificate and power issued abroad), must be properly legalized by the Argentine Consulate of that country or apostille of the Hague Convention or legalized by the consulate of the country issuing the document established in Argentina (only documents issued in countries belonging to MERCOSUR).

NOTE: EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE THIS NATIONAL DIRECTION AND GRANT THE CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION TO THE CONCERNED DETAILING THE TYPE OF STUDY TO BE ATTENDED.

THE RESIDENCE TO GIVE WILL BE TEMPORARY OR TRANTISIONAL ACCORDING TO THE STUDIES

IMPORTANT:
*All documents issued abroad must have the legalization of the Argentine Consulate, located in the country issuing the document Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, or Apostille, if the country has ratified the Hague Convention .

*Without detriment of that established on international agreements or conventions in force, any documents issued by consular representatives in the national territory must have the legalization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, except MERCOSUR.

*All documents issued in a foreign language must have the Spanish translation made by National Public Translator (Section 6 Law No. 20.305) and legalized by the Translators' Association.

*The documents submitted should be original and be accompanied by their respective copy, in order to proceed to their certification. The National Direction of Migration may require, if deemed necessary, additional documentation to those detailed before.

Back