Study: Which Nationality Is Most Likely To Steal From Hotels

You say that but more likely to get violently robbed in Brazil no?

Is there racism or ethnicism in Brazil? Being black or darkskinned in Brazil doesnt seem to be a problem.

I dont like that in Argentina it seems the whiter the better.

You say that but more likely to get violently robbed in Brazil no?

Is there racism or ethnicism in Brazil? Being black or darkskinned in Brazil doesnt seem to be a problem.

I dont like that in Argentina it seems the whiter the better.

Brazil: A Racial Paradise?
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/black-in-latin-america/featured/black-in-latin-america-full-episode-brazil-a-racial-paradise/224/

This is what I wrote:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Argentina: Making Brazilians seem like a nice civilized people since 1816. [/background]

We are not a nice civilized people. We are a very messed up society. And yes, you are much more likely to suffer a violent death in Brazil than in Argentina. And yes, there is plenty of racism in Brazil, although it is manifested more like "classism" than the more traditional racism you see in Argentina.

But as I said before, even with all those incredible flaws, the Argentines somehow make us seem like nice and civilized.

There is definitely truth to the Argentine stereotype of taking the 'freebies', also goes with the lack of tipping when they travel to the USA. Maybe if Cristina made it a bit easier to get dollars they would tip more.​

There is definitely truth to the Argentine stereotype of taking the 'freebies', also goes with the lack of tipping when they travel to the USA. Maybe if Cristina made it a bit easier to get dollars they would tip more.​

When I go out with Argentinos in Houston, I generally have to sneak a little extra something for the server to make up for my friends. These are people that earn very well, and in dollars. Chalk it up to a lack of understanding.

When I go out with Argentinos in Houston, I generally have to sneak a little extra something for the server to make up for my friends. These are people that earn very well, and in dollars. Chalk it up to a lack of understanding.

In Oakland and some other parts of California, they are now raising menu prices to include service. You don't need to leave a tip any more.

I just went out with Texans in Dallas and had to sneak a lot extra for the server to make up for my family. They are just cheap.

There is definitely truth to the Argentine stereotype of taking the 'freebies', also goes with the lack of tipping when they travel to the USA.​

Also Italians do "suffer" of the same skip-the-tip syndrome. There is no tipping in Italy (except for taxi driver and doormen in fancy hotels, or for waiters when you are especially happy with their service), and tipping is seen as that extra hidden cost not found on the menu (10-15% more).
My friends on holiday here refused to leave the tip because they felt the service was "average". Tipping will be seen as an extra when it is not part of your culture.

I have mixed feeling toward tipping - it makes any job looks like a high school job and not a real occupation. What would you feel if you were to live on tipping? I'd probably feel like charity. A job should support a person, not just be a mean to give him/her access to tipping clients.
Nonetheless, I do leave a tip when the local culture requires to do so.

I have to restrain my Argie wife from bringing back freebies. When we first went travelling together we`d get back and i`d open our suitcase to find bath robes, toiletries, slippers from hotels. I told her off big time. She doesnt do that anymore. But her mother recently went to Europe and came back with a suitcase half full of hotel freebies. She even brought back 4 sets of those airline headphones that are a) utter crap and B) have two plugs only suitable for airline seats. The mind boggles!

Back