Stupidity at Ezeiza

dirtyauzzie

Registered
Just had to post about my own stupidy coming through Ezeiza.

I carry anything worth anything in hand luggae but stupidly left a Christmas present for my boyfriend in the case, it was a Ralph Lauren aftershave box set.

So I open my case now to find that they have teared open the box and taken the aftershave, but apparantly did want the shower gel!

Just a heads up really to the type of stuff they seem to like taking additional to the electronics.

The answer is obvious: They need to shave and (based on your user name) you need to shower.:p

If you discovered this after you entered Argentina at EZE I'm curious how anyone at EZE could have done this. Don't the bags come straight off the plane and into the baggage claim area?

Isn't it possible the theft happened in the airport of your departure city when airline personnel and customs inspectors have much greater access and more time to pilfer?

I discovered it at home as I just had my bag delivered after it being sat in Eze for the day as it had previously gone missing.

But you are right, im presuming eze and it could have happened at the departure airport. After seeing a documentary on TV here a few years ago about the mafia i just tend to assume its them.

Apologies to all at EZE if you stand falsely accused.

You weren't stupid.

You can't take that stuff on board. (Gels & Liquids) You have to check it.

You might have been stupid by not having those approved locks, but even those are probably easy to open by these people.

It doesn't sound like you have anything to apologize for, either.

If your bag was "missing" for any length of time after your arrival at EZE, the after shave is probably in Argentina now, too.;)

I think i feel stupid as it never occured to me that anybody would want to take an aftershave, so i didnt try and hide it, it was sat on the top, as im careful with other stuff which is either always on me when I travel or hidden as best as it can be.

Im going to take the advice of a friend of mine, which seems to work better than those locks which is to place dirty underwear on top of the packed stuff which apparant acts as a deterent :)

The aftershave never left Auzzie-Land and it is because aftershave is 99% Alcohol.
The bag was put in some sort of a machine that could detect alcohol (leaking?) and the departing “TSA”, or whatever it is called, removed it ONLY.
The bag was late because of all the extra handling in Auzzie-Land.
If it happened at EZE you would have lost the shower gel also. :mad:

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-wtf-dirty-underwear-is-for-hiding-your-valuables/

i brought LOTS of gift to Buenos Aires around CHristmas time. But NEVER put them in a gift box and be sure to remove the tags/orhide them. make it seem like its your clothes.

I Had a suitcase full of gifts and even after shave creams for my father in law.

they all arrived. just try to be careful next time you travel with gifts.
if its a camera, laptops or anything electric, put it in your carry on.

Back