Subsidios no more

fifs2

Registered
Ok so we've been living a dream with our electricity bills at 700 pesos per 2 months subsidized by the govt..today's reality check bill arrives for 1384 pesos for 2 months electricy - we have a central aircon system for our 4 storey house so I can hardly complain but this does mean Bsas is at European charges for its utilities for good or for bad..

As an aside, our central heating ( system for all 4 storeys) runs on gas...our highest bill in 7 years has been 18 pesos..per 2 months.,..yes thats the price of a cafe con leche and a tostado...needless to say weve never complained...gotta take the good with the bad and as they just replaced our metrogas metre Im expecting a reality check on our gas bills sometime soon...

2011 will be an interesting year as these increases start to hit the locals ...

If you consume the minimum or if your consumption is low the bill does not increase, I even got a lower bill after the changes in policy. I even got a "negative" bill one month. If you have a 4 floor house and use electricity in such amounts you probably will pay more now than before.

Gas is too cheap, this is true.

Electricity is too cheap too, that's the reason there hasn't been much investment and blackouts are usual.
Needless to say that the electricity in Europe (probably in the USA too) is also too cheap, produced in large subsidised power plants. And no one is paying for the environmental costs.

Check your bill -- it should tell you how much you consumed in the same two months last year -- if you consumed more this year, it seems your bill automatically goes through the roof -- ie they take off the subsidy. The past two months were height of summer, so very possible that you had the a/c running colder or more frequently than last year (or maybe last year you were away for a portion of the same period and that cut down on consumption?

Are you sure you are a T1 client not a T2? When I took over my electric bills, I found I was paying a base rate of over 400 pesos even if I was away on holiday and didn't use anything. My consumption was low but I couldn't do the tramite to change to T1 because of the year's contract not being out. Check this on your bill, in case they are charging you a "base suministro"...the amount you're paying doesn't sound right!!

fifs2 said:
Ok so we've been living a dream with our electricity bills at 700 pesos per 2 months subsidized by the govt..today's reality check bill arrives for 1384 pesos for 2 months electricy - we have a central aircon system for our 4 storey house so I can hardly complain but this does mean Bsas is at European charges for its utilities for good or for bad..

As an aside, our central heating ( system for all 4 storeys) runs on gas...our highest bill in 7 years has been 18 pesos..per 2 months.,..yes thats the price of a cafe con leche and a tostado...needless to say weve never complained...gotta take the good with the bad and as they just replaced our metrogas metre Im expecting a reality check on our gas bills sometime soon...

2011 will be an interesting year as these increases start to hit the locals ...
Thats not so bad for a 4 story house with Central Air however it's really square footage under air that tells the story. Are you running a dish washer and a clothes dryer, maybe an electric oven? If so, then it's dirt cheap.

Back