Super Healthy Breakfast Anyone?

RuthB

Registered
I'm currently banning sugar pumped cereal for breakfast- my kids and husband hate me!

So can anyone help with ideas? Please post below

This is what i make at the moment........super tasty and keeps away those hunger pangs til 1o'clock

Oaty/eggy biscuits
==============

A few big handfuls or oats
A few eggs 3 or 4 depends on how you like your mix
salt or sugar or neither or both
bit of olive oil

Cooking time 5 mins for 30 biscuits

1. Mix the oats and eggs together,in a large bowl, until you have a thick and moist mix.
2. Add sugar or salt if you want, to taste
3. Add more oats or egg as needed for the consistency- sometimes i like it more eggy than oaty and vice versa

4. Heat a pan, add the oil
5. Add spoonfuls of mixture until the pan is full
6. Lightly fry for 1 minute on each side

Or

4 Turn the oven on and bake them for 20/30 minutes until they are firm

Eat them hot/cold, dip them in milk/ coffee, add jam/butter, eat them with nothing on, add ham and cheeses to them

We love them, kids love them.
If there are any left over (which there never is) they keep a couple of days in the fridge
sometimes i make bigger ones, sometimes small ones, often with no salt or sugar

I know the oil is bad, but i use olive oil, and i only add the tiniest amount to the pan

try them, let me know what you ate your with, and then please post me some other ideas
Ruth

I get the 4-pack of lentil or adzuki bean patties from New Garden ($45 pesos as of last week), 1-2 eggs depending on whether I use only egg whites, and some kind of leafy green (kale, arugula, chard, spinach).

Sizzle a frozen patty on a saltén until it's done (use a teaspoon of oil if it's not non-stick), I typically add any spices to the patty (salt, tumeric), slide it over to the side, add my leafy greens and the 1-2 eggs (scramble or leave intact), and when done slide them all onto a plate. For mine, I use sriracha or some kind of picante as a final touch.

Another great breakfast, Tom's baked eggs Small pan, olive oil &/or butter. Scramble 3 eggs add a little liquid (1 tablespoon of either water, milk, yogurt), fold in last night's leftovers chopped in small pieces (chicken, salad, veggies,etc ) and salt and pepper, a little hot sauce. some grated parm, or other cheese on top. Put in hot oven (broil), bake 15/20 minutes and check, may need a few more minutes, Eat, enjoy.
Nancy

Another great breakfast, Tom's baked eggs Small pan, olive oil &/or butter. Scramble 3 eggs add a little liquid (1 tablespoon of either water, milk, yogurt), fold in last night's leftovers chopped in small pieces (chicken, salad, veggies,etc ) and salt and pepper, a little hot sauce. some grated parm, or other cheese on top. Put in hot oven (broil), bake 15/20 minutes and check, may need a few more minutes, Eat, enjoy.
Nancy

I do that, too, but on the stovetop. If you have flatbread or tortillas, you can toast them and fill with this, too

My favorite breakfast recipe.

Breakfast Mango

Prep: 45 seconds Serves: 1

1. Rinse mango.
2. Find center line and cut through the mango 1/4 of an inch on each side of center.
3. Eat mango

Profit?

I do that, too, but on the stovetop. If you have flatbread or tortillas, you can toast them and fill with this, too
But the hot oven give you the crunchy top, and it turns it into a soufflé, put some sliced tomatoes, then the cheese on top, delicious.
N

Nancy

Love it, but we never have leftovers !!!!!!......4 permanently starving kids and a husband !!

Breakfast Mango

Prep: 45 seconds Serves: 1

1. Rinse mango.
2. Find center line and cut through the mango 1/4 of an inch on each side of center.
3. Eat mango

Love it, but i'm finding the step by step instructions hard to follow
Can you add any more detail??

;)

Back