Surgery And Health Care In Buenos Aires?

It exists for people who can't or don't do their homework and find a reputable surgeon who operates in a good hospital with a full team and all the necessary medical equipment for any kind of emergency, while finding a place to stay during recovery. I'm sure that many medical tourism companies will also throw in a city tour and a free tango show too.

An Argentine friend of mine was operated on at a well-known medical tourist clinic in Buenos Aires. The doctor didn't order an EKG before the surgery, and he didn't even actually operate on her but let his assistant do it. The anesthesiologost allowed her to scream in pain so much that they stopped the operation half way through. The doctor in question told her he most certainly was in the OR with her and she said he wasn't. She was wide awake enough to get off the operating table and walk home. There are other similar cases including fatal ones involved with surgery tourism. A good doctor doesn't have to associate himself or herself with a medical tourist website in order to get patients.

That is a horrifying experience.
I did know the owner and worked for him shortly when I first moved here many years back. He worked with good surgeons and hospitals as far as I saw. But obviously you should do your research regardless.

I did know the owner and worked for him shortly when I first moved here many years back. He worked with good surgeons and hospitals as far as I saw. But obviously you should do your research regardless.

You refuse to budge from your stance, don't you? Hope you do not represent or associated with

http://refresh-med.com/

You yourself stated earlier that one should just use a medical tourism company.

Which owner did you know that you referring to? I didn't state which medical facility, doctor or company my friend went to.

Whaaat, I didn't invent the industry nor do I use it. Ha but it exists and it exists because it's apparently useful for a lot of people

Just the term medical associated with the term tourism is enough to let anyone know that they are not serious. Tourism is usually something fun as opposed to medical and surgeries, which are a very serious and delicate matter and can cost people's lives. Whomever was the mastermind behind " medical tourism " is for sure a shameless sinister mind, taking advantage of people's ignorance and vanity ( and money of course ). This type of business is useful, I agree with you, useful for a group of greedy, shameless and irresponsible mercenaries.

Whomever was the mastermind behind " medical tourism " is for sure a shameless sinister mind, taking advantage of people's ignorance and vanity ( and money of course ). This type of business is useful, I agree with you, useful for a group of greedy, shameless and irresponsible mercenaries.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with that. I know of quite a few people who came to get medical procedures here in BsAs as well as dental due to costs being much lower here. And of the people I know, I'd say at least 50% of them combined getting things done with taking a vacation. I've never used a medical tourism company but I can certainly see why a reputable one would be of great value in arranging the experience from hotel/apt to where to get the treatment to translation services, etc. Like anything, one needs to do due diligence but I'm sure there are some good ones.

I have to agree Citygirl. And given some of the things I've heard about "reputable" hospitals (directy from patients, both private and public facilities) and the one public hospital dealing with newborns and the patients that I saw directly, doing due diligence is always necessary (and should be no matter where you are). Someone who is looking for healthcare outside their own country doesn't necessarily have the time and money to spend a month or two (or more) trying to figure out what doctor is best for what surgery, etc. It would be easier, seems to me, to qualify the abilities of someone coordinating medical care for tourists than for a tourist to qualify a surgical team from a distance.

But due diligence either way is important.

Back