Sushi & Delivery

Mari Yagami

Registered
I used to be able to pick a random sushi place from a delivery list and just get decent sushi 8 out of 10 times. Decent, not amazing, I have yet to find a place that does delivery that has amazing quality (Itamae sushi sure charges as if they did, but yeah... no).

However, nowadays, I am straight up finding places that are substituting philly cheese with plain cream cheese in their pieces (not even creamy casamcrem! just this bitter tasting generic cream cheese). Obviously when you call and ask they swear up and down it is philly cheese, and since I am not a fan of getting my food spat on, I'd rather not get into a heated argument with my food handlers.

First of all, yes, I know, the sushi pieces that have Philadelphia cheese are not traditionally Japanese and all that jazz. But I really like my salmon/avocado/philly rolls and I would like to be able to order them without fearing that I am getting mendicrim in them. Have you guys ran into this situation, and do you have any places that are your go-to for good (and up!) quality sushi delivery? I used to like Sushi Club (around 7 years ago) but I am now hesitant to risk it. :\

I am having to stick to sushi pop, satoyi (which used to be much much better 6 years ago) and wasabi's, just because I at least know the ingredients are half decent. Itamae is decent, but how much more expensive it is than the rest vs how much better it is just does not even out. An actually good sushi place, that alas, does not deliver, is Irifune. Furusato used to be good to, but haven't been there in ages.

And of course, do you have any sushi places you will NEVER order from again because of how shitty their quality is? My number one in that list is Sushi Prem and remember, I am ok with "meh" sushi sometimes, this was just awful.

Mari Yagami, if not satisfied with quality Sushi there, then would suggest you taking a little time to reading this article.

Sushi for beginners: Five steps to making sushi at home.

Ah, sushi. That popular Asian * Japanese* culinary art form of modest origins. That lovely, subtle cuisine that sates without bringing on the dreaded carb-coma. Some call it the new healthy fast food. Some call it high art. I just want to call it dinner.
Recently back from a hometown trip to Honolulu where my family enjoyed several expertly prepared sushi meals, a question popped to mind: Could I make good sushi at home? I've cooked plenty of Italian, created many Chinese dishes and experimented with Indian food. Why not try sushi?
Of two minds, I figured making sushi would be either quite simple or completely beyond my grasp. First, I wondered, how hard could it be? Cook some rice, grab some nori, slice some fish, julienne some veggies and avocados, roll it all together, and voila! I'll have that lovely and delectable taste of home, right?
But I also knew that sushi chefs spend their entire lives perfecting the craft, so could I really expect my freshman efforts to result in anything remotely resembling the delectable Asian fare I've come to know and love? Would my kitchen merely wind up smelling like fish and burned rice? There was only one way to find out.
To start, I quick-scanned several books on sushi-making. This provided background on tools, ingredients, sushi history and presentation. I googled and watched a few do-it-yourself sushi-making videos, and then chatted up the chefs at my favorite sushi restaurant who graciously weighed in with expert guidance on everything from fish-slicing techniques to obscure seafood suppliers.
http://www.denverpos...n-sushi-at-home

After many practices, then you probably graduate to making this succulently wonderful tasting Sushi!
Sushi_platter.jpg

Actually, can make it too..My Bro is a japanese cuisine master chef and he reluctantly tought me the art! Can do int'l cookings IE European and more...

I took a cooking class once, but there is too much zen involved and when I am on a hungry stomach and I cannot master my inner qualities.
Hybrid-san, we are waiting for your coming to Argentina! Bring the sushi knives, of course!

Haru Sushi is not bad. Admittedly, I haven't ordered in a month or two, and I am closest to the location on Carlos Peligrini near Paraguay (can't vouch for other locations), but the last time I did the cream cheese was good (yeah, I like those "non-authentic" bits as well!). I find them to be better than Sushi Pop and haven't had a delivery place better.

Come thinking of good Sushi joint there in Bs As, there was that blog from forum member restaurateur serving and delivering Sushi for BAexpat members..Anyone remember the name of his joint? I think it was last year or two years ago..

Tenkuu is the best susihi delivery I've found in 7 years of trials and many unpleasant errors... Highly recommended.

I took a cooking class once, but there is too much zen involved and when I am on a hungry stomach and I cannot master my inner qualities.
Hybrid-san, we are waiting for your coming to Argentina! Bring the sushi knives, of course!
Every trip to South America, bringing with me a set of Kyocera Ceramic knife, andeach time being asked to prepare a
Samurai style cooking thus needing to bringing my own, the knives presented to me for use in guest house, the cutting are
so dull that almost cutting my fingers with those! Kyocera Ceramic knife is the way to slicing and cutting almost a la perfecto !
c700x420.jpg

Tenkuu is the best susihi delivery I've found in 7 years of trials and many unpleasant errors... Highly recommended.
Tenkuu is very good I agree with you. It has been arond for years and is a favorite of the Nikkai community in Arg.

Back