Sushi Inflation in Buenos Aires

Try México 1965, Sashimiya, or hire a sushiman/sushiwoman for your next event.
As a CA graduated, I only do Japanese style sushi. The ones I tried in the USA or in BA-Argentina are not real sushi, just fake....

Fatty White Tuna... Hmmm, one thinks we will never see that rare quality here. The few times I had the good stuff oh well. A good spicy tuna roll.. wow I miss that and so many things. But this is Argentina. Take or leave it. Not an option for me.

Spicy tuna roll was invented in LA as a way to fob off the substandard scraps of maguro on gullible americans. Its not japanese, or, really, sushi. Of course, I love em, and wish I could get them here, but its not real sushi. Its like the "mexican" food they sell here- a copy of a copy of a watered down americanized product to sell to ignorant honkies.
I wont eat sushi here- its just too much like Lucy with the football- you always hope it will be good, and they then give you cream cheese and cooked fish.
Eat Local.

For those who believe that salmon is a healthy food think again. All salmon is farmed these days and comes from Chile where toxic salmon farms are the norm . I suggest that you look at this video for more information. Wild salmon like grass fed meat is a vastly superior product .Unfortunately in Argentina it is impossible to obtain wild salmon.

Last edited:
Its interesting that historically, the Japanese do not eat salmon sushi.
The Norwegians invented it.
There is some of it served in Japan these days, as a sort of backwash from the export of sushi chefs to the US and Europe, but its not authentic.
https://medium.com/torodex/salmon-sushi-is-not-a-japanese-invention-9189d9cd78b7

Of course, the Japanese do not put either cream cheese, or canned tuna fish in sushi either- and those are the top 3 most common ingredients in Argentine "sushi".

I just googled Yuki on Pasco. "Permanently closed". For my money it was the only place in BA with a decent selection of sushi. A pity.

Try México 1965, Sashimiya, or hire a sushiman/sushiwoman for your next event.
As a CA graduated, I only do Japanese style sushi. The ones I tried in the USA or in BA-Argentina are not real sushi, just fake....

Coming from southern california, sushi in BA is a waste of time and money.

Back