Sweetheart deal

SaraSara

Registered
For those expats who lost a wealthy local relative in 2010, here are some good news.

Buried in the "Boletin Oficial" there's a notice decreeing that the estates of people who died in 2010 be exempt from inheritance taxes.

Nestor Kirchner died in 2010, and his estate's inheritance taxes would have been something like 70 million pesos.

Just a coincidence....

Do you think this is fair? Maybe he was just a good planner, could be he decided to kickoff in 2010 knowing there wouldn't be any taxes. He just decided it was the optimal time to die from a tax standpoint.

I found in the Internet that if the goods inherited are more than 3 million ARS you need to pay taxes anyway. It seems really stupid to put a law to save yourself some money if it is so easy to attack you in an election year. If this was really true "La Nacion" would had put it in its first page for two weeks straight.

As we say in Argentina: don´t eat glass.

marksoc said:
As we say in Argentina: don´t eat glass.

LOL!.....sure they eat glass, they even eat McDonald's

Look how many of them rush to thank the OP before doing a little research, they eat glass all the time, envy they stomach they seems to digest it all.

gouchobob (Yesterday), mcaffa (Yesterday), nikad (Yesterday), Tangerine (Yesterday)

Easy prey for Héctor Magnetto's Clarin and partners.

I've scoured the boletin oficial and can't find the reference - if it's a paragraph sneaked into the appointment of a bishop or something, I've obviously overlooked it. I've also looked at Marcsoc's link, from the other thread (http://www.estudioempresarial.com.a...ip-sociedades-tecnologia-anses-arba&Itemid=73) which appears to me to have been written in 2009. This looks to me like a non-story and a non-rebuttal but I'm willing to be convinced either way. Words of one syllable, please: this morning I'm a bear of very little brain and long words bother me.

marksoc said:
It seems really stupid to put a law to save yourself some money if it is so easy to attack you in an election year.

Well, it would be like someone making an offer: we'll give you 70 million pesos if you don't run for office (or deliberately lose).

Something similar happened in the US: a state governor stepped down when she realized she could make a lot more money giving speeches. Within less than 2 years she pocketed US$8 million.

dutara said:
Well, it would be like someone making an offer: we'll give you 70 million pesos if you don't run for office (or deliberately lose).

Something similar happened in the US: a state governor stepped down when she realized she could make a lot more money giving speeches. Within less than 2 years she pocketed US$8 million.

Not counting the amount her daughter has pocketed from Dancing With The Stars and touting Abstinence (Touting should not be confused with practicing).

Also noteworthy that the governor did not simply decide not to run for reelection for a second term. She simply quit midway through her term. Now she wants to run for president.

America.....land of Opportunists.

Sorry to disappoint you all (or most of you) but, if I'm right, this Law was passed during late 2009 and indeed got "enacted" by its publication in the BO on dec. 24,
source (La Nacion)
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1196016

I hope nobody is going to say that NK died on purpose in 2010 since in 2011 those taxes will be raised ! :p

To Sara : nice to see you again! How are the doggies?!

French jurist said:
I hope nobody is going to say that NK died on purpose in 2010 since in 2011 those taxes will be raised ! :p

Hey, I already did, it was a smart tax move on his part.

Back