Tandoor Indian restaurant: disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA said:
:D Tangobob, I am curious if you have tried the Venezuelan beaver cheese John is asking for?
No never, do you know where I can get some?or by chance any Norwegean Jarlesburger?

Back on topic, I actually enjoyed Tandoor the couple of times that we went there at the end of last year. I agree that it is a bit pricey and the portions are smallish for the price; however, I enjoyed the nice ambiance, good service, and the food as well. I might have liked a little more kick, but at least it was cooked with some semblance of spice rather than being served completely bland with some sort of hot sauce on the side.

We eat Indian food a lot, and raised our kids eating it as well. We had to laugh on our first visit to Tandoor when they cautioned our girls against the Tandoor chicken because it was so spicey. The Zs noted immediately after tasting it that they didn't need any raita or lassie to temper the heat like they normally do!

Thanks, Tango. Looks good. Is it in Belgrano near the place where they sell organic chicken?

I am not a fan of Indian cuisine, but what interests me are the mentions of small portions. This I like. At every restaurant we've visited here, the portions are gigantic. We look at the plates when they arrive and wonder if either they think we look fat and will need more food, or if they feel sorry for us and want us to have extra to take home, or ... who can eat that much food at one setting, we ask ourselves every time. We do, always, end up taking about half the food home and getting another meal out of it, which is not a bad thing. But I just wonder what it would be like to have portions small enough that just once I might actually eat all of what I'm served.

tangobob said:
No never, do you know where I can get some?or by chance any Norwegean Jarlesburger?
Actually they sell it at Jumbo in Barrio Norte Jarlsberg from Norway

Tell me about it, Pericles. I have gained 6 unwanted and definitely unneeded pounds since we arrived. I keep trying to do what my mother always ordered me to do and clean my plate. I suppose if it wasn't for anorexia and plastic surgery, everybody here would look like some Texas Walmart shopper clutching a Big Gulp in one hand and a Whopper with the other as they crash through the aisles with their oversized carts (to hold all that oversized food). I am walking a good 4 or 5 miles a day, but if this keeps up, I'll have to go online and order new clothes (since nothing I've seen here is likely to fit my new expanding shape).

Well, HDM, be thankful that there are some good tailors in town!

I found Empire Thai to be excellent Thai food a couple years ago when I last ate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back